Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flashbang's vs. Teargas - Which is more effective..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flashbang's vs. Teargas - Which is more effective..

Definitely flashbang. If you get hit with one dead on you can't do anything. Your screen is completely white, and even when your vision starts to come back your mini map is blank too. At least with teargas you can put on the mask and move around.

Comment

Undoubtedly flashes. It's possible to clear a room or flag containing several players singlehandedly if they're used correctly.

Comment

When I am teargassed, even with NVGs on, I can fight back... I can't count the number of times I have neutralized the threat that was the culprit in my avatar's coughing spell. Flashbangs are a different story, you can't counter that. I used to empty my magazine into the direction from which the flashbang came, until I noticed any and all TK's I encurred during that time were punished. It would be nice if while under the influence of the bang you could see who killed you, with what, and who you killed/TK'd. My new way to deal with flashbangs is to count to twenty... that leaves me five seconds of blindness, and fifteen to wait to respawn because there are no medics on the team but me. Another thing while I am ranting is, flashbangs are brutal, you shouldn't be going anywhere under the influence, but I suppose if you could not sprint whilest 'banged', it'd be as unbalanced as "Fist of God"TM artillery.

Comment

For me, both teargas and flashbangs have the same effectiveness rating - the biggest difference is when they are actually useful. Teargas is a good all around, any time, tactical cover / detterant. Since it slows enemy movement, blinds them, and disorientates them it can be readily used for both assault, defense, and retreat (should that be an option for you - perhaps 'tactical withdrawal' floats your boat). The disadvantages of tear gas are fairly obvious, so I won't get into them, but on to the flashbang.

The flashbang is by FAR the better assault weapon since it lasts longer and doesn't obscure YOUR vision (if you do it right), it leaves enemies open, and as greyknight pointed out - a lot of people just end up shooting their teammates when blind, trying to get the guy who flashbanged him. Flashbangs are however, not useful in very many other situations, they blow chunks on defense as you have a better chance of blinding your teammates than your enemies.

So, to me they are about the same, it just matters when you use them; the are clearly meant to fulfill different roles.

Comment

FB, because:

1. approach building

2. Flash building

3. Enter with my n00b t00b and n00b all the n00bs to death

Comment

Flashbang....you can still somewhat fight when your teargased

Comment

flashbang against enemy you hide and flash all there planes. but when you want to cover your tracks teargas, it is very underutilized

Comment

shouldn't you be like completely blinded until you respawn if you're flashbanged with NVG's on? Don't NVG's pick up the slightest traces of light and magnify that? FB's use Magnesium and other phosphorous stuff which causes a whole crap load of light when exposed to O2 or something like that. Therefore shouldn't that amplified light burn your retinas up? That'd be such a killer to run around the map blind.. and all you see in your HUD is a WHITE LIGHT.

Comment

You cannot burn retinas wearing night vision - that's Hollywood mythology. The phosphorous coating on back end of a NV tube reacts to electron emissions much in the same way as a CRT monitor. So although it may be uncomfortable be watching TV in a dark room and have something bright come up suddenly, it wont do you any actual damage. Tell you what - I'd rather have NVGs on than look at burning Magnesium directly!

Anyways, I like both - but some advantages of teargas over flashbangs is that enemies outside of the flash radius can still pop you in the head... The gas cloud at least provides cover if you're in it too. You're also in a world of hurt if you drop a flashbang at your feet, wherease you can prepare for the gas. Also, with the new patch its going to be a bit harder to throw flashbangs any sort of distance (you'll have to start the throw before the jump). Gas will still have the launcher.

Comment

it's just depending on the sitution and how good you got flashed .

Smoke nade will last longuer, and will have effect on more enemy's then the flash, also the enemy can't run anymore, gas maks isn't the worlds best thing on your face ether .
                      and in night maps, you can't use night vision and gasmask at same time.
                      but you still can see a bit when smoked .

when you flash some guy good, he won't see crap , he is truly blinded

Comment

Flashbang any day...you can't see anything...no chance, works on vehicles.

Teargas you can see...doesn't effect vehicles...

No competition at all flashbang wins easy...

Comment

Is it even a contest?

You can see teargas coming a mile off and often it doesnt even effect you when it should.

Comment

I like them both

Comment

Originally posted by skibxskatic
                              shouldn't you be like completely blinded until you respawn if you're flashbanged with NVG's on? Don't NVG's pick up the slightest traces of light and magnify that? FB's use Magnesium and other phosphorous stuff which causes a whole crap load of light when exposed to O2 or something like that. Therefore shouldn't that amplified light burn your retinas up? That'd be such a killer to run around the map blind.. and all you see in your HUD is a WHITE LIGHT.
                              Shame it's a game.

I got hit by both at the same time today. That's something you don't want...

Comment

Originally posted by DuffMan
                                Shame it's a game.

I got hit by both at the same time today. That's something you don't want...
                                LoL! stinggggg

At the current time, flashes are more effective (they blind around corners and through walls ffs..)

however, gas is good super heavily camped positions, as it provides cover (as mentioned above) and leaves the enemy unable to fight *properly*.. they will aim at where you should be and start shooting, and miss, as opposed to when flashed, the toobs will be blasting thanks to the noobs, thus making it implausable to rush in.

Having said that though, i wish the effects of teargas would be cranked up a little.. has anyone here ever been gassed or FB in real life?

Neither is pretty, but gas is MUCH worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X