B****y Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B****y Game

Went to town this morning and bought BF2 for £19.99 from Game. Got home prepared to devote the time messing with the controls.con to get the key set up I want and guess what.
    Bloody thing won't even install. Install screen comes up, click install nothing happens. try and run it from setup.exe but just get an error message that its encounterd a problem.
    Nothing wrong with my rig, FX57 7800GTX 2 Gb RAM. So take it back to shop (another £1.10 in parking charges). Sorry mate none left that was the last one. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    They have iot in other shops but didn't want to pay £35. So I've got to wait now for new stock. GGGRRRRRRRRR.

Re: B****y Game

This might sound stupid, but have you got a DVD rom and what format was the game? As you don’t list all your system specs.

Comment

User error no doubt

Comment

LOL that would suck if you bought the dvd version and you can't even play it. Does it say PC or DVD version?

Comment

if he has a rig like that (FX57 7800GTX 2 Gb RAM), one would not have only a CD-ROM, but surely a DVD-ROM

else ...

Comment

Yeah, he probely has a DVD-ROM though some poeple have slow ones while BF2 needs a pretty recent DVD-ROM to read the DVD properly.

Comment

When I first got the game I got errors too, it turns out my DVD drive was the culprit (I was able to install it on my laptop), I bought a new drive and the same disk installed no prob.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                Yeah, he probely has a DVD-ROM though some poeple have slow ones while BF2 needs a pretty recent DVD-ROM to read the DVD properly.
                It is very possible that the ISO is messed up...

he does read the cd considering he tried to run the setup.exe file on the dvd...

However... if he's got one of them old DVD roms...
                or maybe a 6month old Logically Gay Drive (Not a fan of LG)
                then... maybe he needs a better drive ?

Or considering that you paied 19 euros for it... is it possible that you bought the EXPENSION pack and not the Vanilla BF2 ?

Comment

Well I've seen very silly stuff in my time like once a friend had no sound so he called tech support and after 3 hrs still no sound I went over to check his computer and noticed it was muted. Another fine example of wasted man-power.

But yes he needs to check all his stuff before saying the disk is bad.

Comment

Hey come on guys give me some credit. Theres nowt wrong with my TWO DVD drives (ones a RW). Every other game has run absolutely tickety boo, the setup file was corrupted, had to be, no other explanation for it. After getting well ****ed off with it I reinstalled Far Cry for a bit of a blast and that was fine, as was COD2 which I only put on two weeks ago.

Comment

Oh and no I didn't buy the Special Forces exapansion pack (I'm not a casual gamer,I'm a ten year veteran) nor did I pay 19 euros, I used good old English Pounds.
                      Please give me some credit.

Comment

user error, my supposed "ten years veteran"

oh, buy soldner: secret wars and Universal War, I am sure you'll love them.

Comment

It's a simple carbon based interface problem. :laugh: I'm sure many of you won't get the joke lol.

Comment

you mean his cat is messing it up?

[jokingly sarcastic]

Comment

I would use MSconfig to verify that its not any of your startup items causing the problem. I've seen countless EA games have problems with startup items and a MSconfig always fixes it.

Comment

Working...
                              X