Artillery question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artillery question

Playing as commander I know how to warn the squads for artillery.
    But how do you warn the lone wolfs for it?
    thanks in advance,

grtz Dutchduc

Re: Artillery question

Type it.

Comment

If their not looking at the small map, 2 bad for them. I just try to place arty so that there aren't any friendlies around but now and then ppl fly a helicopter or a jeep to a barrage and then it's "sorry, my bad"-time.

Comment

Yeah I know you can check the mini map, or warn by typing. But I know for sure that commanders can give a spoken warning (the typical, artillery in your area warning) for all team members. When playing as a lone wolf i quite apreciate this warning, because I am not allways focused on the min map.

Comment

Originally posted by default
          Type it.
          BS. Lone wolfs get nothing. Squad up, keep an eye on the mini-map, or get arty rained on your head. Lone sniper bitches about arty on his head, he gets more of the same.

Comment

same here

squads get warning from me

lone wolfs get arty on their heads

Comment

Loners should not get a warning and I always encourage squads to formup when I am commander.
              However, when I am about to drop arty I always type it in chat anyway. "Arty at mosque 10 seconds" then click it.

If I see a squad still moving towards it then I will rightclick the warning 2 or 3 times to warn them off, if they ignore it and get killed by it then unf*cking lucky.

Comment

i like to try to warn people, but really if one lone wolf is in there with 10 bad guys, then sorry, you gotta take one for the team

Comment

They ought to hear the generic "artillery, your area" warning, if they choose to ignore it or not look at the minimap then they are SOL.

Comment

As a sniper i'm allways lonewolf....And i couldnt care less if arty warnings are given or not because i get caught by art once every 10 games at a guess.Ide imagine most "loners" dont care too.

Are lonewolfs are not liked much?

Comment

Yeah. A vocal portion of this forum is rabidly pro-teamwork. These sanctimonious busybodies just can't leave people to play the game. They must be punished for not playing the teamwork way.

Comment

Originally posted by seeker[uk]
                        Are lonewolfs are not liked much?
                        Lonewolfs are the bottom of the ladder, as far as command goes, and are teamswitched by the game before any other player on the server, so go figure.

Originally posted by JarEme
                        Yeah. A vocal portion of this forum is rabidly pro-teamwork. These sanctimonious busybodies just can't leave people to play the game. They must be punished for not playing the teamwork way.
                        Congratulations on having acheived a multi-syllabic vocabulary! This thread is about artillery notification, not your paranoid delusions about persecution, smacktard.

Comment

Warn via type (since its in yellow), and VoIP. I prefer commanding on VoIP servers, where you can give out simple things like "arty @ square, clear out".

Helps a lot on the TK's. I usually will do all 3, warn squads, type, and then VoIP.

Comment

I type "ARTY!"

then "Arty fired! Yer on your own" No worries about the pending crybabies whining about the tks. It was not intentional and when I arty 10 enemies, one or two eggs make a nice omlette.

Comment

Originally posted by DickY
                              same here

squads get warning from me

lone wolfs get arty on their heads
                              Basically what i feel.

Comment

Working...
                              X