Easy way to re-install SF without re-downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy way to re-install SF without re-downloading

Ok we finally bit the bullet and formatted the Mrs PC. She has 1 of her 200gigers split into 2 drives. C: and D: partitions. Copied the Program files/Electronic Arts folder (obviously with all the sub folders) to drive D: She also backed up EAinstaller to drive D: Formatted it installed XP yada yada Installed BF2, retrieved her account, copied EAinstaller back to C:, re-installed it and it auto-updated, then tried to run the setup file in the cache folder to re-install SF, failed on the bf2keychecker.exe Tried copying it to dvd same error so we couldn't get it to work this way.

She had already re-installed the downloader and it updated to a newer version. Then copied the electronic arts folder back over to C: and tried to run the setup again, same problem.

Just as we thought she would have to re-download it, she logged on to EA downloader, it came up saying ready to install SF, sweeeeeet! Clicked install, it installed fine, then patched it to 1.12

We tried all the other options posted and none of them work on a freshly formatted system. They may very well work if you haven't formatted but none of those methods worked for us since it was freshly formatted.

She has tested SF and it works sweeeeeeet!

Thought this may come in handy for anyone who wants to do a fresh format and doesn't want to have to re-download SF.

Tried and tested method! Gotta be worthy of a sticky?

Re: Easy way to re-install SF without re-downloading

I had to reformat a few months ago & that is what I did. I also copied the MYDocs BF2 folder because that contains your keybind configs & such. Mine installed without a problem.

Comment

Working...
    X