Binding a few keys -need help plz- xoxo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding a few keys -need help plz- xoxo

2 questions for the people that know how to bind keys.

Was wondering if you could share the possible bind string that would allow this to occur.

1. Bind a key to open/close the HUD menu. (top right corner hud) -map, flags, etc. Ideally if I could get assigned a key to close this HUD when I am in a dog fight that would be great.

2. Automatically change my view in a helicopter/jet to the full screen mode. i.e. no cockpit view. So everytime I get into a air vehicle I don't have to press C multiple times to get to the ideal view I would like.

Thank you in advance.
    low_iq

Re: Binding a few keys -need help plz- xoxo

So no one has thought of this yet? I thought it would be a common bind.

Comment

#1. Are you talking about the mini-map? I didn't know there WAS a way to close it.

#2. Just use F9 when you get into a vehicle.

Comment

1. Yes the mini map. I thought a keystroke would be able to disable it then enable it.

2. True, but there's gotta be a way to avoid pressing any keys, no? Ideally if the f9 keystroke wasn't required everytime. Just wondering that's all.

Comment

#1 might be possible by turning the transluceny all the way up with a key bind. Who knows the console command for that though... well someone does.

#2. Not possible - infinitely stupid that we have to do it. But when you have issues as big as BF2 does - this is one of those things that just kind of slips through the cracks.

Comment

do you guys have any unique binds in bf2 that you think make life easier with all the assorted keystrokes out there?

Comment

Key binding is something I have been doing lately to improve my game and reaction time. I have an 8 button mx700 logitech mouse and have only recently setup most of those buttons. I use the 2 buttons on the left for gas mask/night vision, the centre button I now use to select weapon 3 and obviously when pressed again changes from single shot to auto etc. I just setup another mouse button for my quick draw knife and another for quick draw shock paddles. I have 1 left to decide on for the mouse.

I use the spacebar now for jump and as my parachute key. Though this effects the playback speed of BR demos so I may change it to E (same as enter/exit vehicle) I like the doubling up of keys so there are less to hit.

I don't think #1 is possible. #2 I just hit F9 as stated.

Comment

Okay. Thank you for your time.

Comment

Working...
                X