Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever gotten the feeling the enemy cares more about killing YOU than winning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever gotten the feeling the enemy cares more about killing YOU than winning?

I'm not talking about killing in general...I'm talking about litterally killing you. I've had countless games where I'll obtain a relativley bad k/d ratio, but we'll win. Why? Because the enemy is too busy trying to journey half way across the map to find my hiding spot as commander instead of going half the distance towards one of our bases and having some chances of capping a flag or getting a vehicle. Or perhaps, they are down to one base and bleeding tickets, but they refuse to get out of that base because they are too busy waiting at the TOW missle launcher waiting for the slim chances that I'll come by in an APC.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Re: Ever gotten the feeling the enemy cares more about killing YOU than winning?

never had such experience

Comment

Re: Ever gotten the feeling the enemy cares more about killing YOU than winning?

iveh ad times when a hind spots me, among 300 teammembers, and depite my herculean efforts to escape he simply follows me forever, rather than shooting the other 300 easy targets within range.

even if im hiding hell wait, losing tons of easy other kills.

Comment

iveh ad times when a hind spots me, among 300 teammembers, and depite my herculean efforts to escape he simply follows me forever, rather than shooting the other 300 easy targets within range.

even if im hiding hell wait, losing tons of easy other kills.
        Yeah, I've had similar experiences. Once someone in a vehicle spots you they'll follow you half way across the map if they need to.

Comment

I rather kill someone than win the round, winning is not fun because in public games, it doesn't matter. Rather have a fun kill.

Comment

If I'm commanding and have a spec ops in the nemy camp then I'll spot the commander and direct him to kill him . That's 15 seconds with no arty , UAV , scan or supplies . It does help the team so IMHO in this position it is a valid tactic

Comment

probably you won the round because your teammates didn't have a negative k d ratio nd they did kill .

killing an enemy, and he doesn't get revived, well then the team has lost a ticket, so killing a lot is winning

Comment

I definitely try to kill you.

Comment

Strange question, but I guess the only time I experience this is when I get artillery on my head 2 or more times in succession. Only then do I begin to feel like I'm being picked on.

Comment

Well you do know that killing the other team get's their tickets down so you do win

Comment

This has happened to me once.
                      I was USMC on Sharqi, I was up on top of the crane playing as medic looking after my squads snipers.
                      So im up there getting bored when I see this sniper (wont name him) going towards that flag near construction site which has the stinger and TOW (forgot it's name) which nobody on my team was defending.
                      So I line him up and 4 shots later a kill for me.
                      About 45 secs later he comes back the same way again, this time I only need 3 shots to kill him.
                      funny thing is he keeps coming back again and again, so after the 5th time he finally spots me, goes prone and lines up his M-95 but before he can he shoot I kill him first. This happens about 6 more times, he just keeps going to the same spot and I kill him first each time.
                      finally he stops coming, so i figured he relocated to try and hit me from a diferent spot, so I do the same.
                      After 2 mins of nothing I decide to jump off when I see the same guy climbing up the ladder, so I go prone at the edge and as he sticks his head up I knife him.
                      next minute YOU F**KING C*** SUCKING WA*KER SGT_SPLINTER!!!
                      He then disconnects.

Comment

Depends on the circumstances, chasing someone religiously can have huge benefits for the team.

Agrovating the enemy commander for example, once you've blown up his stuff and killed him a good few times, he'll start to get frustrated and make mistakes, come after you, and generaly spend more time protecting himself and his resources than actually using them.

Comment

Pug, ya know what man?

I can't say I wouldn't be tryin ta kill ya all round either.

I know what you mean though.
                          Aside from command, I've been the engie on a BH crew and every bloody time anything shot at us, it seemed to land right between my eyes. I got nailed by .50 cal, snipers, plane cannon, at rounds, and a fricken handgrenade! I'm seriously suprised I didn't get knifed.

Anyway... yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                            Pug, ya know what man?

I can't say I wouldn't be tryin ta kill ya all round either.

I know what you mean though.
                            Aside from command, I've been the engie on a BH crew and every bloody time anything shot at us, it seemed to land right between my eyes. I got nailed by .50 cal, snipers, plane cannon, at rounds, and a fricken handgrenade! I'm seriously suprised I didn't get knifed.

Anyway... yeah.

Personaly, i base my play off the ARMY i spawn as so.......

USMC or SAS-I play serious, follow orders, try as be tactical as possible, friendly to team mates, work as a team.

MEC or Insurgents-Well thats my fav and my gameplay changes drasticaly. I C4 Jihad style, suicide bomb alot, set booby traps, and only care about killing infedels. I try to target squad leaders, or commander, which its hard to tell, but you can usually figure it out, you know, and honest squad leader is the guy who hangs back, while the group progresses, and the commander, doesnt move too often, so i sneak up and kill him.

PLA-I get angry, no sportsmanship, i give the bad guy no chance, i will kill him at all costs, even if i take a few of my buddies with me:laugh: I have noticed that Asian forces are colder and uncaring, they actually have no codes of ethics and trained to kill medics, and wounded soldiers. Kind of like Iwo Jima..

It may soung kinda "ghey", and i have no idea why i play that way, i just get a different vibe from the different armies, and kinda base play off of that.

Comment

A bigger problem is people playing for badges instead of for their team.

Comment

Working...
                              X