Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Unlocks in 1.2 for SF?

Originally posted by Wargimp
    SF gives you 1 unlock for every rank above and including Sergeant. After the patch, you will also get SF unlocks for the Lance Corporal and Corporal ranks.
    These unlocks are in addition to normal BF2 unlocks. There is no difference. You can use unlocks for whatever toy ya wanna play with. The only catch is that you must have the normal BF2 unlock before you can spend one on a SF toy.
    I read this earlier and I have searched and searched. No where in the 1.2 patch notes can I find anything saying we will get unlocks for Lance Cpl. and Cpl. ranks. Can anyone please link me to where it says this? I really want to unlock my SF weapons but I only have 2 unlocks so far and I was saving them to see how the new sniper/ST guns were. If we get these 2 free unlocks I might as well unlock away since I will have 4 regular and 4 SF unlocks. Anyone have a link to this?

Originally posted by Dice
    Hello everyone and a Happy New Year to all of you.

Today we have some big announcements that we’re excited to share with you! First of all, news about 2 new booster packs that will expand the battlefields of Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2: Euro Force and Battlefield 2: Armored Fury.

Euro Force will be released on February 8th and sees the introduction of the all-new European Army in 3 new maps. Each Euro soldier will come equipped with a new primary weapon, from the FNP90 to the Benelli Tactical Shotgun. There will also be 4 new vehicles, including the (in)famous Eurofighter. The 3 maps are “Operation Smoke Screen”, “The Great Wall of China” and “Taraba Quarry”.

Armored Fury will be released on March 28th and the focus is on large mechanized battles, harking back to the El Alamein style maps on BF1942. There will be 3 new maps – “Midnight Sun”, “Operation Harvest” and “Operation Road Rage” – but also 2 new vehicle classes. Attack Jets and Recon Helicopters, which can spot nearby enemy units, will make their debut.

Both packs will be available exclusively online at www.downloader.ea.com at $9.99 each (€9.99 in Europe and £5.99 in the UK).

As well as these booster packs, we are of course still utterly devoted to providing updates to Battlefield 2. We can’t say it enough; thank you all for your support and dedication! Update 1.2 is currently undergoing public beta testing and will be released very soon. As with the first list, this second list includes confirmed fixes only:
    • Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
    • TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
    • Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
    • AA missile lock has been improved
    • Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
    • Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
    • Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
    • "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
    • Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
    • "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
    • "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
    • The Sa80 weapon has been improved
    • The G3A3 weapon has been improved
    • Reload while sprinting has been enabled
    • Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
    • Damage decreased for the M134
    • Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
    • Server search filters now work properly
    • All mines (Claymore, Anti-vehicle, C4) can now be picked up by the same class that dropped it by using the “G” key.
    • Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
    • Flash bang effect radius decreased
    • Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
    • Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
    • Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
    • Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
    • Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
    • Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
    • APC Update – “Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials”. This fix was a miscommunication to the patch team. Chinese and MEC APC’s have been reverted and the LAV25 now no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
    • Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
    • Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
    • Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
    • Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum time before arming.

As always, thanks for your support and keep talking – we’re listening.
    Originally posted by Dice
    Listen up Soldiers!

By now, you have all seen the list of fixes in the next update (1.2). We are still trying to nail down a few final items and put the final touches in place.

Here's a list of additional items to look for in version 1.2:
    • UAVs are now visible in the world so if you are being scanned, you can know about it and take action against it.
    • Rank progression is no longer limited to the enlisted ranks. All officer ranks are now available.
    • Bug that allowed players in vehicles to contest a flag from outside the flag radius is now fixed.
    I’d also like to take this opportunity to clarify some confusion stemming from our updates.

The first item is on the topic of grenades. Players will still be able to toss grenades while jumping. Although the ability to fire while jumping has been removed, players will still be able to initiate a grenade toss prior to jumping and follow through with the toss, thereby gaining themselves some extra distance. We understand that there will be some adjustment in tactics required when the patch comes out but we are confident that the community will quickly come to grips with the new tactics.

The second item is on the topic of the booster packs. We have not created the maps as a separate expansion pack requiring a separate server. The booster packs will increase the content of the base game and thereby may be run on a server in regular rotation with the original maps.

Hope that clears up some of questions you’ve all been asking.
    Edit: Here's all the info I can find. Anyone see where it talks about 2 (basically) free unlocks?

Re: Free Unlocks in 1.2 for SF?

i dont know for sure but it would make more sense for EA to put it between the 50000 adn 200000 becuase that is way to big of a gap.

Comment

L96A1 and FPN90 are the two new guns.

Comment

Originally posted by DICE
        Will the new Booster Pack include any new unlocks?

The Euroforce booster pack will not grant anyone additional unlocks, as we did with Special Forces, due to memory constraints. However, since we made a full complement of weapons for Euroforce, and since the Snipers and Anti-tank class were unfortunately neglected on the Special Forces unlocks, the L96 and P90 will be added to the SF unlocks. I know some people will cry foul, but it isn’t fair that the players that purchased SF and enjoy those two classes missed out on unlocks, while the other classes got extra stuff.
        THis quote is from Armando, the guy from DICE who answers questions for TBF2. As you can see, the unlocks will be added to the sf collection, meaning you will probably give a couple of unlocks when you download the patch (if you have sf and are ranked higher than sergeant, of course)

Comment

You will recieve the patch unlocks if you have SF and are Corporal or Higher. Lance Corporals will recieve 1 unlock.

Comment

What is Prone Spaming, and Sprint Exploit?

Comment

Man. They are intent on trying to get people to buy SF eh?

Well. Still not going to until it hits the 15$ mark. Or, I can just get it from free somewhere.

Besides. From what I can tell, not that many people are even playing SF maps. It's mostly about the weapons. Which are just reskinned variants of what we already have.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Prone spamming is rapidly proning and unproning. Sprint exploit allows for unlimited sprint.

Comment

Originally posted by Demize99
                  You will recieve the patch unlocks if you have SF and are Corporal or Higher. Lance Corporals will recieve 1 unlock.
                  Where do you see this though? I know all the comments allude to it, and it makes the most sense, but I have played enough FPS, MMOS etc for long enough to know reading between the line is a good way to get the wrong idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s
                    Where do you see this though? I know all the comments allude to it, and it makes the most sense, but I have played enough FPS, MMOS etc for long enough to know reading between the line is a good way to get the wrong idea.
                    Please check his forum rank. I think you can trust what Demize99 posts about BF2.

HINT: Digital Illusions CE = DICE = developers of the game

Comment

Originally posted by Demize99
                      Just the clearify a bit...

He means that you will get those unlocks for use with any legit weapon's choice... not that you get the new patch weapons specificly.

Correct Demize?

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas

Well. Still not going to until it hits the 15$ mark. Or, I can just get it from free somewhere.

Besides. From what I can tell, not that many people are even playing SF maps. It's mostly about the weapons. Which are just reskinned variants of what we already have.

{WP}Paas
                        i got my SF off ebay for a little less than 15 bucks after shipping, new and sealed.

Comment

Cool. I was going to say I don't trust people just cause they have a igh rank. But I GUESS I'll believe a Dev.

Comment

I'm gonna respond to the same quote
                            Originally posted by {WP}Paas

{WP}Paas
                            Actually, SF does offer quite a bit.

If you like infantry action, it's got a lot more focus there. The maps are predominantly urban. There are some that can become chopper whore fests, but that's likely to change a bit post patch.

The weapons offer flexibility to the kits. I personally love the F2000 simply because it's a reliable assualt weapon with full auto-fire AND a grenade launcher. I'm not a big fan of the m-16's burst fire only. The MP-7 is an interesting choise for the engie kit. Some folks will prefer the shotguns, but I've found the MP-7 to be handy on more open maps. Nice ta have something that can do damage beyond 15 feet. Just a couple examples.

But for me, the real interest comes from how much more mobile you can be when using the hooks 'n zips well together with a squad. There's a whole new level of teamplay opened up when you use these things right.

HOWEVER

There are some problems that need fixing before it can be enjoyable. It takes a preformance hit due to the larger/more complex static meshs. Night Vision isn't working as intended. Some folks can't install it at all.

The patch hopefully will make SF much more playable. I'm looking forward to playing on SF servers post 1.12

Comment

Demiza any ideas when this patch is coming?

Comment

Working...
                              X