Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does you get medals on custom maps servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does you get medals on custom maps servers?

I have searched but still not sure.

Last night loaded map pack 2 and 3 and played on Total BF server. Great maps by the way. good fire fights. Breath of fresh air, you should all be on them.

But gunning for a good pilot I got two ribbons? I asked if this was ranked and a few replied "yes".

Plus my stats show I played at that time?

I thought it was not possible...

Re: Does you get medals on custom maps servers?

It isn't possible. Ranked servers no longer run custom maps.

I don't know how you got ribbons though unless it was a different ranking system. Do you see them in BFHQ?

Oh, was it this server ?

TotalBF2.com *Map Pack 2 and 3 Maps* - powered by Multiplay.co.uk85.236.101.79:32410

ASE reports it as ranked but I never tried to see if it really was or if ASE was faulty.

Comment

Its not recording ranks. You can get awards, but they doesent get saved to your official rank. It shows your rank in your name, and thats good cause people have worked to get those ranks, and some players want to show them.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
        It isn't possible. Ranked servers no longer run custom maps.

I don't know how you got ribbons though unless it was a different ranking system. Do you see them in BFHQ?

Oh, was it this server ?

TotalBF2.com *Map Pack 2 and 3 Maps* - powered by Multiplay.co.uk85.236.101.79:32410

ASE reports it as ranked but I never tried to see if it really was or if ASE was faulty.
        Yep thats the server.

Thought it was a stupid question. But I could not remeber being on a non-ranked server and getting the pop ups "Ribbon awarded".

Oh well I was drunk best gunner session ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirelli
          Its not recording ranks. You can get awards, but they doesent get saved to your official rank. It shows your rank in your name, and thats good cause people have worked to get those ranks, and some players want to show them.
          just out of curiosity, how do u guys do that? does the server show up as ranked in server browser?

Comment

Originally posted by kingwahwah
            Yep thats the server.

Thought it was a stupid question. But I could not remeber being on a non-ranked server and getting the pop ups "Ribbon awarded".

Oh well I was drunk best gunner session ever.

I'll connect now and test it.

ASE reports it as ranked and there's nothing stopping anyone from putting custom mpas on a ranked server but it's bye-bye server should EA find out

Comment

Its not recording any rank upgrades or points, so EA wont have any problems with it. It is not possible at all to statpad ranks on it.

Its the most successfull custom map server ever and it keeps peoples interrest up when they get some variation. Be happy about it. Its doing EA Games a big favour.

Comment

no official map is no ranked server , very simple actualy, so no official maps, nothing to earn or at least gets added to the ranks .

Why ?

because custom maps could be unbalanced, could have exploits in it, etc....

Comment

Working...
                X