Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still pulling my hair out!!!

Hi all,

Ive not been able to play bf2/sf for about a week,every time Itry to install Im getting patch failed!

This is a very common thing I know,Ive tryed to patch manually,checked disc space, re installed windows,all latest drivers,tryed the standard winxp sp2 agp driver, and the latest via 4in 1,tryed older drivers,betas etc etc.I keep getting invalid patch err 0009.rtp,which I know is a corrupt patch file,downloaded the patch from all of the mirrors on the bf2 ea site,to get a non corrupt one,tryed installing in safe mode,still no luck...........

I feel ive tryed everything.

Now ive upgraded from a sempron 3000+ and kt600-to a kt800 athlon 64bit 3200+,could this be giving me head aches?I reinstalled windows and downloaded all the proper device drivers for 64bit hardware,it all worked fine on my sempron.

Any help or tips, hunches,message in a bottle,Ill try any thing,would be greatfully received.

Windows xp sp2 (all updates from win update)
    msi kt800 neo v mobo
    1gb ddr
    pny 6600gt 128mb (agp aperature 256mb/fw off) (official 81.98 drivers)
    100gb maxtor dianmond plus 9
    Audigy 2 (latest beta/open al)

Re: Still pulling my hair out!!!

Originally posted by 'BOYDIE-[N.IRE
    '
    I feel ive tryed everything.
    Have you tried running memtest and checking your RAM ?

Comment

Yeah memtest ran with no errors.

Comment

So you upgraded CPU and mobo and now it doesn't install properly.

Wow....bad luck !

The 'err 0009.rtp' doesn't mean that the patch is 'wrong' but when the patch extracts the file in question and copies it into memory, it failes the md5 hash check. The patch 'looks' bad so it stops.

What file is it that's failing?

Comment

I tryed memtest again and let it run longer than the 100% check and it found 9 errors in my 2nd stick of ram,took it out and now it is working.

Have to buy 512mb of ram now...............

Comment

I had the same problem. I removed the stick of RAM and installed the patch and then put it back in so I could play BF2. The game itself never detected the errors and while I'll have to change someday, the 'bad' RAM is good enough for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
              I had the same problem. I removed the stick of RAM and installed the patch and then put it back in so I could play BF2. The game itself never detected the errors and while I'll have to change someday, the 'bad' RAM is good enough for the game.

Yeah strange that...its working fine now with the extra bit of ram back in?
              well im not complaining..................

Comment

Working...
              X