Can't start BF2 after patching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't start BF2 after patching

Decided to reinstall BF2 after not playing for awhile. Had some problem patching so I had to run the patcher, copy from the temp folder to the BF2 folder and run the patch there, it ran fine. Patched 1.02 - 1.03 - 1.12 in that order. Now when I start the game there comes a black screen for a few seconds and then the game exits. I've tried editing the default videosettings profile in my documents/bf2/profiles/default/video by changing the HZ to 85 but didn't work for me.

When are EA gonna release patches that actually work?

Re: Can't start BF2 after patching

They already have. When are people going to learn to not bash EA for everything?

FYI you don't need to patch the other pathes before 1.12. You can install BF2, and patch it to 1.12 strait like that; Should save alot of time and clear alot of complications that may have occured. Try doing that from scratch. Make sure the entire BF2 directory is cleared out, don't leave anything behind.

Comment

Then why do many people have the problem of getting patching failed when running the patches? Have to do it manually wich can be complicated for the computer inept. It happened to most of the people here in my country and some believe it's because of special letters in user names. If that's the case then why didn't they fix it the first time around as they got alot of feedback about it.

Anyways, I'll try that later today when I have time, thank you

Comment

You have every right to blame EA. Even if it is Dice's problem, EA chose to release the game. I've never owned a game that did not work on my machine except BF2!

Welcome to the club:

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49895

Comment

Just came from the store and saw SF for sale. I'm glad I didn't see it yesterday because I would have bought it then, now I'm not going to until they fix this.

Comment

Sorry but they aren't going to fix it because it works for hundreds of thousands of people.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
              Sorry but they aren't going to fix it because it works for hundreds of thousands of people.
              Uh so! Even if it does work for hundreds of thousands of people it still doesn't work for alot of people and they paid for this game also. It's not like fixing this makes it worse for all those other people so I can't see how that should matter.

Also this will affect how many people buy there expansions, so it should also matter to them. Well if they don't fix this I guess every EA product i get from now on will be cracked :|:

Comment

Working...
              X