Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the orientation of the claymore works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the orientation of the claymore works?

i understands that if a claymore is facing one direction, if u follow the correct direction, no matter how close or how far u are near to it, u will still not get killed or tked, i tried that before with the claymore juz right beside me, but it nv explodes.

so im juz wondering how the direction of the claymores works

Re: How does the orientation of the claymore works?

When you put a claymore down, the side NOT facing you, will explode, the side facing you is safe. So i think its the curved - pointy-out side will explode whilst the back, curved inwards side, doesn't.

Think thats what you asked? :P

Comment

Comment

Bah, i was thinking of linking to there, but i decided to try and explain myself.

Comment

This might shed some light on the subject:

Or more simply... if you can read this, you're in trouble:

Comment

the link doesnt show any info on how the claymore is placed at an angle

Comment

Its placed the direction you are facing when you drop it. Walking infront of it after a short arming time will detonate the claymore.

Does that answer the question or did I miss your question?

Comment

50 meter killing zone ouch

Comment

Originally posted by [SAF]derekliu
                  the link doesnt show any info on how the claymore is placed at an angle
                  ...How is it so hard to understand?

The link shows the claymore being placed facing east. And if you wanted the claymore to be placed at an "angle" (your original question was vague enough anyway), then just visualize the diagram at an angle.

For example, you place the claymore at an angle that faces south west, use the diagram to visualize it accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                    and i'll never forget it

Comment

Originally posted by Xurreal
                      ...How is it so hard to understand?

The link shows the claymore being placed facing east. And if you wanted the claymore to be placed at an "angle" (your original question was vague enough anyway), then just visualize the diagram at an angle.

For example, you place the claymore at an angle that faces south west, use the diagram to visualize it accordingly.
                      At an angle??? well where would he place it? on a hill??? seems stupid to me

Comment

Originally posted by Robske007a
                        At an angle??? well where would he place it? on a hill??? seems stupid to me
                        No idea, that's what I was saying when I stated he was vague enough as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                          This might shed some light on the subject:

Or more simply... if you can read this, you're in trouble:

except that that is the power and range of a real claymore... not a bf2 retarded claymore. common, we are talking about a game with guns that take like 5 shots to the chest to kill you...

also, the claymore is what, heat sensing? ther's not even an explanation as to WHY the thing explodes. no trip wire, and its not like it was in bfv with a clicker

Comment

I love the clicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Fig
                              except that that is the power and range of a real claymore... not a bf2 retarded claymore.
                              Thus wasn't stated in the thread. How was I supposed to know?

Actually, I just posted that info to show some folks a bit about what real claymores are like. Note the fact that they are dangerous up to 250 meters? Yowch! Imagine that in BF2! One pop and you'd have your explosives badge.

The clays in BF2 are more like small directional anti-personel mines... they've got mor incommon with a M86 Pursuit Deterrent Munition

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...itions/pdm.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X