Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install patch,can't upgrade BF2 and can't play SF

Ok,so here's the deal:

When I bought Special Forces I tried to install it.I put the the CD Key,I accepted the terms,I continued with the process and it tells me that it will automatically upgrade my BF2 version into version 1.1.I accept the install wizard starts,preparing for the installation of that patch...when the process starts to install the patch a window pops up with that red X saying "Patching Failed".I tried again and again and still nothing.I also uninstalled BF2 2-3 times and tried again and again to upgrade the version and still the same thing.The whole thing cancels the installation process of Special Forces.

After pressing the "Ok" button in that "Patching Failed" notice(which I had to press in order to go on)I got a message that the patch was installed and everything was complete.But the installation process of Special Forces stops there,no version of BF2 is upgraded and I can't play Special Forces.

So,ok I downloaded the patch v.1.12 for BF2 from EA.I think this is the latest patch,right?Well I tried to install the patch and I got the same thing:
    "Patching Failed" notice.

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?What should I do?Will I ever play Special Forces?Can somebody help me?

Re: Can't install patch,can't upgrade BF2 and can't play SF

dude, i am having the exact same issue. No idea what to do, very annoying.

If you find out how to fix can you let me know, ill do the same.

Hopefully someone can help us both.

*crosses fingers*

Bracken

Comment

try deleting the registry
      Run > type in regedit > +HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > +Software > then delete sub folders for battlefield 2 in Dice, EA Games, and Electronic Arts. this will allow you to reinstall it properly, worked for me and i did it yesterday but i still can't figure out how to reinstall my SF, halfway through it tells me to start again. damn

Comment

Weird stuff man,really weird stuff! I can't play Special Forces!

This whole thing is really stupid!

I'll try to do what you did...when I figure out what to do because you actually confused me with what you said AussiB...lol! :P

Still thanx!

AND I DO HOPE SOMEBODY CAN HELP US HERE!

Comment

Cheers Auss, ill try it when i get home i had to come to work =(

Will let you know how it goes.

Foinikas let me know how you go too please dude!

Brak

Comment

There's one more problem.Every time I try to install the patch and I get a "Patching Failed" notice I can't play Battlefield 2 then.The game kicks me out when I try to activate it.So I have to uninstall and reinstall Battlefield 2 again.

This is so stupid!Is EA responsible for all this mess? If yes...then I hope they read this and do something about it.For us it's too late but maybe they can save other people from trouble in the future.

Comment

Foinikas, go read all the other threads about Patching Failed, most of which contain different solutions and then come back here and tell us what you've tried.

Comment

Well in that thread it says that the either the patch download was not complete so I gotta download it again or I have there are some BF2 files damaged and I have to install it again or there is not enough space on my disk.Well none of these three is the case.Because the patch is offered to me by EA in Special Forces PLUS I downloaded another patch from EA which I doubt was not complete when I downloaded it...I uninstalled and reinstalled BF2 MANY times and there is much space free on my disk for the patch to fit.

Comment

after youve uninstalled everything try deleting all remnants of bf2+sf and registry entries and install again, i use a 1 click program to do this!

Comment

The patch doesn't come with SF. That patch is 1.1, you'll need to install 1.2 after SF.

Do you have the 3Gb on your C: ?

What does it say in the patchlog.err file in /my docs/BF2/dmp/ ?

Comment

Dude i fixed mine by popping out 1 stick of 512, installed, patched no worries.
                      put it back in, runs fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bracken
                        Dude i fixed mine by popping out 1 stick of 512, installed, patched no worries.
                        put it back in, runs fine.
                        You definately want to run a memtest on that extra stick. If you leave it in and it is dodgy you can seriously screw up your system.

Comment

Originally posted by Foinikas
                          Ok,so here's the deal:

When I bought Special Forces I tried to install it.I put the the CD Key,I accepted the terms,I continued with the process and it tells me that it will automatically upgrade my BF2 version into version 1.1.I accept the install wizard starts,preparing for the installation of that patch...when the process starts to install the patch a window pops up with that red X saying "Patching Failed".I tried again and again and still nothing.I also uninstalled BF2 2-3 times and tried again and again to upgrade the version and still the same thing.The whole thing cancels the installation process of Special Forces.

After pressing the "Ok" button in that "Patching Failed" notice(which I had to press in order to go on)I got a message that the patch was installed and everything was complete.But the installation process of Special Forces stops there,no version of BF2 is upgraded and I can't play Special Forces.

So,ok I downloaded the patch v.1.12 for BF2 from EA.I think this is the latest patch,right?Well I tried to install the patch and I got the same thing:
                          "Patching Failed" notice.

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?What should I do?Will I ever play Special Forces?Can somebody help me?

I am having the same problem. I can get BF2 with patch 1.12 to run correctly, but all hell breaks loose when I install SF. I was finally able to get SF installed by installing it in safe mode....although I was only able to play single player when playing SF.

Comment

Originally posted by Painl3ss.NL
                            You definately want to run a memtest on that extra stick. If you leave it in and it is dodgy you can seriously screw up your system.
                            Yeah i know, just gotta wait till i have enough cash to replace both sticks.

should be ok for a week or two...

Comment

Working...
                            X