SF new sniper unlock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF new sniper unlock?

Where can I get info about the new SF sniper unlock coming up in new patch?

links and stuff...

Re: SF new sniper unlock?

Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
    I don't know if info on what sort of sniper it is has been released, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffMan
      http://www.ea.com/official/battlefie...yupdate_011106

I don't know if info on what sort of sniper it is has been released, though.
      It is the L96, aka for u CS:S playerz, the AWP, except it 'says' it does high damage and accuracy, while the M24 'says' it has very high accuracy, but high damage. I think it'll just be a replicate of the M24, so the MEC and PLA players can finally get a GOOD sniper rifle. And for the AT unlock, it's the P90, i'm guessing it'll be the same as teh other SMGs in damage and accuracy, but it has a 50 round clip, i don't think people will like it much, cause they already have a SMG that's close to the P90, the PP-49, and they got the DAO 'streetsweeper'.

Comment

Nice, lol CS:S bitching is now possible, I can't wait to frustrate a lot of people in bf2 with the bf2 awp, ROFL.

<edit> Rofl Robin Williams is probably thinking the same thing, he used to play hl2 and now he is on bf2 while he isn't acting.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
          It is the L96, aka for u CS:S playerz, the AWP, except it 'says' it does high damage and accuracy, while the M24 'says' it has very high accuracy, but high damage. I think it'll just be a replicate of the M24, so the MEC and PLA players can finally get a GOOD sniper rifle. And for the AT unlock, it's the P90, i'm guessing it'll be the same as teh other SMGs in damage and accuracy, but it has a 50 round clip, i don't think people will like it much, cause they already have a SMG that's close to the P90, the PP-49, and they got the DAO 'streetsweeper'.
          I thought the L96 and the P90 was for the Euroforce expansion? (Click).

Comment

Originally posted by DuffMan
            I thought the L96 and the P90 was for the Euroforce expansion? (Click).
            It is, but it's also gonna be the SF unlock for BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
              It is, but it's also gonna be the SF unlock for BF2.
              Says who? I checked the EA sites, and there's no info at all on the sniper unlock.

Comment

Says EA and DICE. Read the interviews etc. It's been known for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by HicRic
                  Says EA and DICE. Read the interviews etc. It's been known for a while now.
                  Just point me to the source that says the unlock is the L96. NOT the new rifle for the booster pack, but the ***unlock*** because I've yet to see it referenced directly anywhere.

And I did read the interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkasha
                    Just point me to the source that says the unlock is the L96. NOT the new rifle for the booster pack, but the ***unlock*** because I've yet to see it referenced directly anywhere.

And I did read the interviews.
                    It's both.

Comment

The Unlocks are the L96 and the P90.

Comment

Originally posted by Demize99
                        The Unlocks are the L96 and the P90.
                        Thank you for the info, then. I wanted confirmation.

Comment

never thought the 'ol AWP would turn up in BF2. thats actually rather disturbing...

Comment

Too bad we couldnt get more of the weapons seen in Joint Operations Typhoon Rising!

Like the Mark 23, spotter scopes with range finders, ability to adjust elevation and windage on sniper rifles.

Put it this way, instead of making sniper rifles less accurate to balance each class. Why not make them realistically accurate but also take longer to place the shot and followup shots (ie. requires range finder to determine elevation etc).

This way snipers dont become long distance gunners, instead they get the one shot - one kill, killing fewer people but getting higher points per kill.

Comment

Originally posted by subzero extreme
                              Too bad we couldnt get more of the weapons seen in Joint Operations Typhoon Rising!

Like the Mark 23, spotter scopes with range finders, ability to adjust elevation and windage on sniper rifles.

Put it this way, instead of making sniper rifles less accurate to balance each class. Why not make them realistically accurate but also take longer to place the shot and followup shots (ie. requires range finder to determine elevation etc).

This way snipers dont become long distance gunners, instead they get the one shot - one kill, killing fewer people but getting higher points per kill.
                              sounds like a good idea on paper but i think bf2 is far to quick for tht. the battles outpace the snipers (i know i snipe alot) very rarely would u have time to spot determine elevation and wind speed and then shot. by that time ur enemy has takin a magical spawning vodnik travelled 300 meters in like 20 seconds (slooowwww) and taken a flag. could b more suited to Americas army. unfortunately bf2 is always a fast paced moving battlefield and snipers rarely get settled in 1 place.

Comment

Working...
                              X