coding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coding

I was reading back in the later pages, and saw that someone was able to change vehicle properties just by changing text
    from this i have 3 questions
    1: where do you find the text to change? (e.g. adding missiles to the helo)
    2: What else can you change (running speed? jump height? para colors?)
    3: Where can i find a list of these codes

and finally
    in the most recent bf2 editor
    does anyone have a tutorial, or info on how to use it properly
    i fiddle around with it, and nothing changes.... it says it imports into the game and I run the mod, but nothing changes (like parachute destructibility or being able to exit it)..... any advice?

Re: coding

its python

Comment

Re: coding

Python is a server side code controlling gametypes and general happenings on the server. It can be used to control the vehicles, although not recommened due to the fact that you have to tell the server to tell the clients to do things differently. If you make a seperate mod, which can be done in the BF2 editor, you can have a whole range on new oppertunities to change weapons, vehicles etc and whats more, its very easy. All the weapons, vehicles etc are coded into the game in .con files which are located in your bf2 directory under mods/bf2 in a zip file called objects_server. The client version of this file contains, the textures, models, sounds etc that are to do with the weapon/vehicle etc. Basically to change something, all you need to do is copy a con file over from this zip file into your new mod's objects directory and then open the file and change some of the settings. Some will be blatantly obvious on what they do but some are more advanced. Im considering writing a complete tutorial on .con scripting and its use in BF2 mods, I'm hoping this will help a lot of people.

Comment

Working...
      X