PunkBuster Updated Again 1-28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PunkBuster Updated Again 1-28

I was just on over at Punkbuster.com and noticed they updated the BF2 Client Again today at 1-28-2006 @ 6:30 Pm. I guess all the complaining got someones atttention. A patch released on a saturday at 6:30pm? Someone was working overtime. i wondering if anyone who manually updated as of 6:30 was still getting any problems?
    Pb Bf2 Udate Page

Re: PunkBuster Updated Again 1-28

I posted a ticket for punkbuster support and they suggested I type "pb_sleep 500" in the console after joining an online game. I did so and now I don't have the horrible performance issues.

I also read the following in this forum:
    I just recieved an update from Punkbuster, from the support ticket as follows:
    01/28/2006 20:36:50 - "Stuart Dunsmore"
    Note #2: Grab the 1.127 update using PBSetup

and wait for servers to upgrade to the new client.

Hopefully one of the two things noted above will help. I believe w2k machines crash with the blue screen of death and XP machines have horrible performance.

Comment

you think the new update helped with the Inadequate O/S Previliege?

Comment

better

Comment

OK, here my update. I use Win2000 and was, I believe, the first to post re: the PB issue (blue-screen) on this, as well as EA Bf2 forums. As soon as KillaBKilledU posted this thread I said "YES!!!" and hustled over to download the updated PnkBuster files. (Pause in silence...drum roll please...) NO blue-screen!! That's the Good news. Bad news; when I get to that Choose weapon/Place to spawn screen, It freezes. My mouse curser won't move. Beyond/behind the forground choose "boxes" everything continues to happen... Action going on... the commander saying "We're loosing people..." The everchanging printout of spoken/typed messages, responces, vehicles and soldiers charging past... and I can only sit helplessly and drool. It won't even let me escape to the previous menu. I can do nothing except hit Cont/Alt/Delete and kill the game process. AAAhhhhgggg!!!!
          Sorry.
          Sooo... What now?
          BTW, I even tried going to a non-PB site and unclicking the PNKBuster "X", but same thing still happened. Sigh...

Cheers

Comment

Oh right, obviously wasn't just me getting problems then!

What issue specifically where you guys getting? I had been kicked three times yesterday, "Unkown windows API command 131133". I have no idea what it is, done a Google, nothing. Was this anyone elses issue?

Comment

Apostle i was getting that too yesterday

Comment

Madmocha,

I have Windows XP, not 2k, but what you are experiencing a friend of mine experienced as well. You are not alone. He has a rather old GeForce 5200 (I dont even see how he plays the game w/this card but he does) and he updated the video drivers yesterday. Late yesterday afternoon he said that this resolved mouse/keyboard freezing in the game (so far). I am not sure if he 100% alright though as I will need to touch base w/him today.

I also had that same mouse/keyboard freezing thing going on with my XP machine and I restored from a month old ghost image to resolve it. The XP system restore did not help.

Take heart, At least you guys didn't restore to an old ghost image like I did troubleshooting this dang thing and lose a month worth of data...err...saved FEAR games... . Maybe just reinstalling the video drivers or updating them will do the trick for you as it did for my friend.

Comment

Well I downloaded the new PBsetup and updated for BF2, then joined a server. I lasted about fifteen min's before I was kicked for the same reason. I was keeping an eye on the console, and it was reporting "0 cvar problems/issues/whatever".

At the moment I'm trying to figure if it's anything that I've installed over the past few days. Done a virus scan, Adaware, MS Anti-spyware etc. Might end up habing to put in a support ticket at Even Balance.

BloodUK, have you installed the new NoName script for mIRC?

Comment

If anyone wants a link to the manual updater for punkbuster, here it is...

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Install it, choose 'Add Game', 'Battlefield 2' then hit the Check for updates button.

I did this and haven't had the BSOD "yet", our server also seems to have been updated, here are the details of that if anyone wants to try...

195.20.108.74:16567

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Apostle
                      BloodUK, have you installed the new NoName script for mIRC?
                      Ive had the same script in irc for two years, so i havent changed anything
                      for punkbuster to kick me... i didnt even have irc running last night :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by madmocha
                        ...Bad news; when I get to that Choose weapon/Place to spawn screen, It freezes. My mouse curser won't move. Beyond/behind the forground choose "boxes" everything continues to happen... Action going on... the commander saying "We're loosing people..." The everchanging printout of spoken/typed messages, responces, vehicles and soldiers charging past... and I can only sit helplessly and drool. It won't even let me escape to the previous menu. I can do nothing except hit Cont/Alt/Delete and kill the game process. AAAhhhhgggg!!!!
                        Sorry.
                        Sooo... What now?
                        BTW, I even tried going to a non-PB site and unclicking the PNKBuster "X", but same thing still happened. Sigh...

Cheers

Describes my exact problem to the letter. Have you had any success with driver updates? I'll give it a whirl later on today.

EDIT: Tried 2 things I read elsewhere.

1. Try resetting the controls to default for the account that "freezing". I read in a newgroup that for some reason, the control file (.con) shows 0kb, as if it was deleted. By resetting the controls, you re-write the file.

2. Try deleting the "freezing" account from your game. I did this and then rebooted. I then "retrieved" the account to restore it to my game.

I then tried to log in to a MP game and BAM! it worked! No freezing on the kit/placement screen. Granted, this was a one time, 50 sec "Game" simply for testing. More time is needed to prove whether this works for good, but it might be worth a try.

Comment

I too had my controls file set to zero bit file size, only found it after I tried to play online and found none of my controls would work.

Fortunately, I keep backup copies of my controls on a seperate folder so I was able to quickly replace them.

Comment

Kewl, fixed my lag

Comment

Working...
                            X