Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some definitions, padding, exploiting, whoring, ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some definitions, padding, exploiting, whoring, ...

Lots of acusing going around here and mostly the acusing is at is place but wrongly named .

there is a difirence between padding and exploiting and whoring

Exploiting : this is actualy the wurst and could get you a stat reset
    - exploiting is exploiting the system, meaning, there are things in the point system that can be used in a way it is certainly not ment to be used, also could be a bug in the game wich is exploited in your advantage .
    for example

- friend of your constantly trows nades , and you give ammo bags
    - friend of you at enemy team, lets himself killed all the time, and some guy revives him all the time
    - exploit of bug or glitch) , as we know, there are some glitches getting you inplaces where you shouldn't come normaly, you do get in (tank trick, airplane in SF) and you stay there shooting enemy's .

Padding : you want something in your stats , so you start for example constantly trowing flash bangs, graple hooks, .... just for getting those badges , sometimes padding is perfectly legal, but it will give you something in your stats .
    when you actualy think about it, want knife badge, you run a round only with your knife, well, you are stat padding, but everybody finds this perfectly normal , other forms of padding isn't so much liked.

Whoring : whoring is just doing something and only doing that, or at least doing that very much, for example , a tank whore takes the tank in the start of the round, and if he gets killed he will spawn back at it and take it over and over again , but alsdo thing like the Grenade launchers , who just runs around with them, and only uses these things are whores, but also guys running around with defibrilators are just medic whores, ....
    think you get the point, also whoring is perfectly legal, but can be a pain in the arsche for gameplay

Re: some definitions, padding, exploiting, whoring, ...

sounds good. But I dont really think "trying" for badges is stat padding. The example you gave of two people killing and reviving is stat padding.

Comment

interesting.. I just noticed a certain person on this forum going for their wcr and they recently jumped to a 17:1 w/l average this month. :thatsbad:
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

If that's the definition of whoring then give me some whores on my team anytime. I hate it when nobody uses the teams equipment and then you get raped twice as hard by tanks, jets, or helicopters. Now if all you do is wait for a jet/tank/helicopter to respawn while someone is still using it, then you're a whore in my book. If you're unwilling to pound the ground and be a grunt then you're a whore. If you're just using something to keep it occupied and take advantage of it then you're a team player in my book.

Comment

Working...
        X