Grand, BF2 won't start up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand, BF2 won't start up.

BF2 isn't starting up. I get the splash screen, about 2 seconds of black screen, then CTD with no error message. This just started happening as soon as I put this CRT screen on my comp instead of my now dead LCD screen. Here's the timeline:

Sunday: Play CAL match, shut down computer
    Friday: Start up computer for the first time since sunday, realize LCD monitor is dead
    -Put CRT monitor in
    -Install ViewSonic drivers
    -Double Click BF2 icon
    -See Splash Screen
    -See black screen
    -See desktop

Re: Grand, BF2 won't start up.

wowo that sucks check.that wierd check ur resulation with the CRT montier

Comment

Try deleting your BF2 settings by deleting the following folder:

..\My Documents\Battlefield 2

You will lose your control configuration unless you backup your controls.con file.

Comment

OR, you could just install the latest drivers for your videocard and that would most likely fix it...

Comment

Why is the solution to almost every problem with BF2 seem to be "install new drivers"? This makes zero sense.

If the OP has a dead LCD, then adding a new monitor (any type) with the appropriate drivers for the MONITOR (which aren't even really needed, as XP will use it as a Plug-n-Play) should be sufficient. He doesn't need to install new video drivers for a monitor, nor does anyone need to install new drivers for a BF2 caused error.

I have had BF2 for about 3 weeks now and it may well be the most inefficient use of code and system resources ever put out, in Windows ME. The sheer quantity of problems posted here and other BF2 forums amazes me. Having used plenty of other EA products, I am really not surprised, as many of them are poorly optimized as well, or just plain bad.

BF2 is a teriffic game, but there are so many issues that it is getting to the point of fighting a losing battle (sorry for the bad pun).

Comment

Because BF2 is buggy and unstable like no other game before it...

Comment

ok this is what worked for me. right click on the bf2 icon on your desktop then go to properties. ok now look on this screen you will see target then besoide it at the end of the stuff that is writen it says fullscreen 1 change the 1 to a 0(its makes bf2 go into a window). now bf2 should load up when you get to your profile go to options then video. now you will see somthing like 1024X(cant member #)75Ghz change that to the same 2 numbers in the front but find the same numbers but with one that says 60Ghz at the end. save changes. now quit bf2 go to the icon change the fullscreen back to 1. and it should work.

hope this helps, BG

Comment

im getting the self same trouble... get to logon ... tries to logon then band CTD...

started today

Comment

Join the club:

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49895

Comment

Originally posted by Darus
                    Why is the solution to almost every problem with BF2 seem to be "install new drivers"? This makes zero sense.

If the OP has a dead LCD, then adding a new monitor (any type) with the appropriate drivers for the MONITOR (which aren't even really needed, as XP will use it as a Plug-n-Play) should be sufficient. He doesn't need to install new video drivers for a monitor, nor does anyone need to install new drivers for a BF2 caused error.

I have had BF2 for about 3 weeks now and it may well be the most inefficient use of code and system resources ever put out, in Windows ME. The sheer quantity of problems posted here and other BF2 forums amazes me. Having used plenty of other EA products, I am really not surprised, as many of them are poorly optimized as well, or just plain bad.

BF2 is a teriffic game, but there are so many issues that it is getting to the point of fighting a losing battle (sorry for the bad pun).
                    It makes sense because when you install new hardware, the old hardware drivers are still in use. The crt is getting pushed by the vid card drivers, if the resolution is not supported by the crt, it wont work when the application is started to run the older resolution.

Comment

Major-BG got it right. You just need to modify the framerate that BF2 is expecting your monitor to have or delete the profiles dir.

Comment

Working...
                      X