Euro pack on x64 XP???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Euro pack on x64 XP???

Have you lot tried not using internet explorer?

Comment

The EA web site does a check on your OS and will not direct you to the download page with x64. You will have to get the INSTALLER on a 32 bit OS then MOVE it to your x64 machine.

The problem is with the EA WEB SITE detection of your OS the installer, BF2 & SF run beautifully on Windows XP Pro 64 Edition I love it and will NOT go back to 32. I built 3 machines with 32 XP all were good but 32 XP needs to be restarted constantly to run smooth, 32 XP has allways been buggy. My x64 Windows never slows down I can leave it on for days, Play BF2 then play FarCry x64 then go do some image stuff with GIMP go play Americas Army with never a slow down. XP 32 can't do that it needs to be rebooted, at least thats been my expireince over the years.

Win XP x64 uses Windows Server 2003 X64 memory manager, it is able to handle up to 128 Gig of onboard MOBO RAM (32XP only 4gig if your lucky) & 16 terabites of virtual memory (again 32XP only 4gig). While both 32 & 64 see all memory as virtual memory x32 will only use 2gig for accually run'n programs and use the other 2 for pageing (it can be forced to use 3 gig) while x64 is able to use all physical memory for run'n programs and only pages when necesary.

Comment

Or you have Linux, WHICH OWNS ANY OTHER OS

Comment

Originally posted by ledbythereaper
          Or you have Linux, WHICH OWNS ANY OTHER OS
          Ya but comparing Linux to MS is like comparing IBM to Apple sure its better but who uses it.

Go into any store that sells software look on the box, more than likely it'll say Windows required.

Comment

I uploaded the installer heres the link
            no stupid aniti-x64 ea website

Comment

Originally posted by SickieWifeBeater
              Ya but comparing Linux to MS is like comparing IBM to Apple sure its better but who uses it.
              You use it for one.

Comment

I use Linux and urm whats that I can run any Windows ap.

Comment

Working...
                X