No announcement yet.

sorry but what is the battlerecorder ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry but what is the battlerecorder ?

Hi, I'm sure that this has probably been well covered in some way but what is it and how would I use it ?

Thanks for any help gratefully received!!

Re: sorry but what is the battlerecorder ?

check out this link on use....it's a pretty impresive utility:

Comment

Thanks mate i will give it a try!

Comment

OK i've looked at the link you gave me and now i'm REALLY confused!
        Is it something that i can use to record a round that i'm in and then watch it after, following me around to laugh at my feckups ?

Comment

Yes.

But not every server has it enabled and not every server has it working properly.

Comment

Thanks for the kind info guys.
            Consider yourselves appreciated!!

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
              But not every server has it enabled and not every server has it working properly.
              Exactly. The ratio of "servers with BattleRecorder both enabled and set up correctly" to "servers with the BattleRecorder variable set to 0 or simply configured incorrectly" is about 1:25000.

Here's a useful list, though:

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...ll=&showEmpty=

All the servers listed there have it enabled. So, that's probably a good starting point.

Comment

Cool !
                Cheers John-Paul thats a great help.

Comment

I often play in the TV2 (Norway) servers they always have BF Recorder working and the ping aint to bad for Brit players.

Comment

Thanks, I will give it a go, probably tonight.

Comment

Well ours works properly to save you the trouble of finding one that does. After you play some games, goto the community tab in game. On the left hand side you will see some bookmarks. Click the bookmark to download the BR file. Then it will appear in the right hand column. Simply click it then play to view the BR file of the games you have played.

Battle Recorder how to guide:

All the keys and functions:

Q – opens the Playback Rose. Move the mouse to highlight the desired playback option and press the Left Mouse Button to select. Options available here that are not bound to separate keys include "Restart" and "Quit".
                      T – opens the Camera Rose. Choose the camera option or cycle through the available players.
                      1 – Pause the playback (also available in the Playback Rose).
                      2 – Playback recorded session at normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
                      3 – Playback recorded session at 5% of normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
                      4 – Playback recorded session at 25% of normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
                      5 – Playback recorded session at 50% of normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
                      6 – Playback recorded session at normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
                      7 – Playback recorded session at 150% of normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
                      8 – Playback recorded session at 300% of normal speed (also available in the Playback Rose).
                      Spacebar – cycle between players.
                      Right Mouse Button – cycle between free camera and player camera.
                      Mouse wheel – zoom camera in and out when locked onto a player.
                      W, A, S, D, Ctrl and Shift – move free camera around map, forward, left, backwards, right, down and up.
                      Mouse look – aim free camera

Only trouble is you may have trouble getting on the server though persistance will pay off.
                      Make sure you download the BR files after you finish playing your games for the day because we only save 100 files. So after 2-3 days they will be over-written, ie gone forever.

Enjoy!

Server info is below.

Comment

you can use it in Singleplayer if you want too

Comment

Thanks mate, will give it a go!

(might need to print those commands tho!)

Comment

Working...
                          X