Can stuff be buried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can stuff be buried

Ive got an idea for a map I'm a complete noob with the editor (only just getting to grips with the controls) but i think my idea is absolutely brilliant it doesn't matter if it takes me a year to make this map ill finish it in the end (so it doesnt matter how complex it would be for me to make). Anyway basically Ive seen on a couple maps were stuff appears to be under ground. What id like to know is it possible to add multiple layers of terrain say i made a 3 sided wall in a U shape then slapped a roof on it (made up of something i could find in the editor properly a concrete slab) then i raised the terrain around the sides how would i cover the roof bit. Can i just go into the terrain editor and paint more terrain on top . Or is there a way of doing it were your not actually doing that but making it as an optical illusion so it appears that way i.e slapping a wall along the front edge (so its hollow inside) then put a building on top (lol i think I've just gave myself an idea if the first way doesn't work) .

Also I've got another question i know light lamps are mainly for shadow effects (they just look like big yellow boxes in the level editor) but are there any actual real lamps that i could stick on a underground passage wall . I don't mind using the big yellow boxes but it would just look much better if there was actually a real lamp there to give the map a much better feel.

Sorry if these questions have been answered before but i did look through the FAQ section and i didnt get the info i need.

EDIT: im having a few problems getting my sand right on the beech so i want to try and open the gulf of oman map and use the layer settings for the beech the same as in my map but when i try to open it im getting an error message init.con file cannot be found so how do i open it ???

EDIT 2: If you look at this picture i want my beach to be all like the light coloured sand but at the moement its all different colours.

Re: Can stuff be buried

all your questions answered. You need to read and dig a bit, the search works great though.

I know you cannot make multiple levels of terrain, as in a tunnel effect, you can't have dirt and a hole in the side of it, if you make a trench and cover it with a plank. You could place some plants on it, but not terrain, as soon as you bring the terrain up, you fill the hole.

Comment

Re: Can stuff be buried

Thanks for the reply i didnt think anyone was going to get back to me (nice website BTW ill be sure to check it out). Ive had an idea on the burying stuff anway now im going to use a combination of a tarmac layer and concrete slabs in the indusrial objects bit. Ive just got to figure out the lighlamps now (well experiment with them anyway) and see if i can illuminate an underground complex with them (Id preffer to use a real lamp but im not sure if vannila has them and i know im not allowed to nick them from SF).

Comment

Working...
      X