The New Sniper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Sniper

I'm a bit curious about this new sniper unlock, in RL its one of my fave rifles but in game im not sure if it will be an improvement....

First off im use the M24 as much as i can, i unlocked the M95 and was EXTREMLY dissapointed. I realised that the 1-2mm inaccuracy was really irritating, especially when you shoot extreme range. I perosnally couldnt see an increase in power but could only see that it can go thourgh bulletproof windows. So this NEW sniper rifle coming out, how can it be BETTER than the M24 which IMO has perfect accuracy, the only way i can see it being better is that it has the accuracy of the M24 and the AP abilities of the M95.
    They couldnt increase the new rifles power becuase if it was any stronger it would be a one hit kill anywhere on the body.

Re: The New Sniper

Good point... I would be perfectly satisfied if it was exactly like the m24. That way I could use it on any team.

Comment

I think the new patch is upgrading the M95's accuracy to be like the M24, meaning the new unlock would render both the M24 and the the L98a1 useless..im not completly sure if that is true or just rumours but i dont just want the M24 availble for the other teams, that would be stupid if you liked to play U.S.

Comment

Lets just hope it only looks like the AWP from CS. Damn AWP whores....

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth
          I think the new patch is upgrading the M95's accuracy to be like the M24, meaning the new unlock would render both the M24 and the the L98a1 useless..im not completly sure if that is true or just rumours but i dont just want the M24 availble for the other teams, that would be stupid if you liked to play U.S.
          Disagree. I've got like 500 hours with USMC, 100 with MEC and 70 with PLA JUST because the M24 is so much better than everything else. I would like to see the other teams get a good rifle, then I wouldn't get so ****ed if I get switched or if I just never seem to be able to switch to USMC.

Comment

Originally posted by Grafisk
            Disagree. I've got like 500 hours with USMC, 100 with MEC and 70 with PLA JUST because the M24 is so much better than everything else. I would like to see the other teams get a good rifle, then I wouldn't get so ****ed if I get switched or if I just never seem to be able to switch to USMC.
            Well put. The SVD is nice, but nowhere near as good as the M24. Semi-auto doesn't count for much when you can't hit someone consistently anyway.

If they upgrade the M95's accuracy, I'll be one happy little sniper.

Comment

I agree the only reason to unlock other than the AP of the m95 is to have a decent powered rifle for the other teams. how many times ive shot and not gotten a head shot only for them to make it to cover because it takes like 3-4 shots to kill them. i like the two quick shots = dead one rifle and if there close enough spray with pistol.

Comment

i just hope they don't make it a one shot kill weapon.
                but i don't see the use of another bolt action weapon.
                after the patch u have the m95 and the new one as mec, and 3 bolt action as USA

Comment

Im not saying it wouldnt be good that the MEC and PLA get an M24 equivalent.....im saying if thats what the unlock was, it meant its really pointless for the USMC to have 2 exact rifles and the M95...

Comment

no doubt, at this point the M24 is far more acurate then the other snipers, the M95 is a bit acurate, but not acurate enough to make headshots at long distance where the M24 takes them all

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth
                      Im not saying it wouldnt be good that the MEC and PLA get an M24 equivalent.....im saying if thats what the unlock was, it meant its really pointless for the USMC to have 2 exact rifles and the M95...

Rather have a M24 equivalent rifle on MEC/PLA, than having a semi-suck on the US side which most "real" snipers wouldn't use anyway :]]

btw, anyone knows if it's possible to use the sniper/at-unlock in SF as, say, MEC or any other stupid team that only has the SVD? I found it kind of sucky not to be able to use your SF unlocks in SF.

Comment

true sniper doesn't care what weapon he uses, personally I found semi to be more effective.

Comment

Maybe i wouldnt mind if the new rifle did 2 things:

1) A slightly faster rate of fire (Not like the SVD)
                          2) And it would be cool if it let you stay in scope view while he Bolts.

i dont know how number 2 would dpened on the weapon, but it would be nice to be able to shoot again without having to re-aim for your target.

Comment

Working...
                          X