Need help remaking Mashtuur City with more vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help remaking Mashtuur City with more vehicles

I'm a total noob. I know next to nothing about mapping. However, I would really like to get some more vehicles on Mashtuur City for my filming. I've tried to do it, but failed miserably.

What I need to do is:
    * Create a new map (I copied over Mashtuur City as HK Mashtuur City - but I can't get a map to show up)
    * Add vehicles (Respawns and relations to control points are unimportant. I was able to position vehicles on the map - but wasn't sure if they even worked)
    * Save map and get it in working form (I have zero idea how to do this)
    * Distribute to members and get hosted on server (I've got the server, but it needs to work on the server, and members need to be able to use it).

Any help would be great. I don't need to learn the whole 10 yars about mapping - I just need to do these specific things.

Re: Need help remaking Mashtuur City with more vehicles

You are going to run into a few problems. U can open up mastuur in the editior but you will not be able to see or move flags,spawn points or vehicles because dice disbaled them in there maps only. There is however a fix for this.

All the info u need is at

To open a premade map like masturr u have to empty its in the zip folders. clients and server zip. Dont forget to backup though. All answer are in that forum but if u need a hand just post back here

Comment

I was able to start up the map, get into the editor, and place the vehicles. Where I get lost is effectively saving it and then playing the map - and eventually redistirbuting it.

I was unable to see any of the prior vehicles - however, when I do save it, will they reappear?

Comment

Anyone?

Someone has got to know something

Comment

In theory they should, but you have to test. If they don't just add you own. Save it as like mashturr city 2 or something..

Comment

Saving it doesn't work... doesn't show up (saving it as HK Mashtuur City). I need a bit more help on completely renaming and modifying an official map.

Comment

I went from total noob map maker to releasing 1 map with help from this forum
              http://bfeditor.gotfrag.com/forums/ took me a week. You should really try it, they are much more available to give assistance.

Comment

Working...
              X