Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with optimization badly...

I Need help very badly...

I have an Intel 3.0ghz Prescott (800mhz)
    6800GT
    768mb of pc2700 Ram (i know i know)

I have all of the settings turned to low...and i still get video lag....

I have changed teh bf2.exe to bf21.exe, updated my video drivers, made bf2 a high priority application and still get bad video lag....

shouldnt my computer be able to run the game smoothly at the LOWEST settings???

Please, any specific suggestions would be great! My next step is getting ram, but could it be something else?

Re: Need help with optimization badly...

Originally posted by dfresh429
    I Need help very badly...

I have an Intel 3.0ghz Prescott (800mhz)
    6800GT
    768mb of pc2700 Ram (i know i know)

I have all of the settings turned to low...and i still get video lag....

I have changed teh bf2.exe to bf21.exe, updated my video drivers, made bf2 a high priority application and still get bad video lag....

shouldnt my computer be able to run the game smoothly at the LOWEST settings???

Please, any specific suggestions would be great! My next step is getting ram, but could it be something else?

Seems like it ought to. I have a 3.0 prescott, 2x512MB 3200 RAM, and an ATI x800xt AIW. I run at 1048x768, 4xAA, all settings to medium except geometries, textures, and effects to high, no dynamic lighting or dynamic shadows. My framerates are very good on vBF2, also good on SF maps.

Specific suggestion: Have you updated the AGP driver (not video drivers) for your motherboard? I understand that has helped some folks.

Comment

I have not updated those drivers..ill try that when i get home from work..thanks for the suggestion.

anyone else have any insight?

Comment

Sorry if this is off topic but I have a ASUS P5GD1 PRO MB how can I update the APG driver for this? or am i totally lost.... I know I don't have a clue any help????:cry:

Comment

Do you have a bunch of stuff running in the background? Antivirus programs, chat clients, etc etc?

If so, turn some of those off or get more RAM. That's really the only part of your system that seems to be lacking.

The only other suggestion I would make is to clear your optimization cache. After you optimize and re-optimize over and over it seems to bog a little bit. That file can be found here..

\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\

Just delete the folder or folders in there. Then defrag your harddrive. It will need to re-optimize next map you load, but it does help some.

Get more RAM

Comment

Ram man

Comment

Originally posted by Dandred
              Sorry if this is off topic but I have a ASUS P5GD1 PRO MB how can I update the APG driver for this? or am i totally lost.... I know I don't have a clue any help????:cry:

As best as I can tell, you don't have an AGP slot on that MOBO of yours (unless PRO's have AGP).

Believe all these have PCIE. No driver updates for gfx on ASUS website.

Comment

Yeah, I bet you its background tasks. I would run MSconfig to clear your startup. Instructions are in the link in my sig.

How long does it take your windows to load when your computer is completly off. If it takes longer then 45 seconds, then your startup is your problem. Using the Optimization guide in my sig, I was able to have my computer completly loaded and ready to open BF2 in 27 seconds after its completly shut off. I only have 1gb of ram.

Comment

Just in case it's not just video lag- this has improved online gameplay greatly for me- it's changing the punkbuster check from every 20 seconds (default) to every 500 seconds. Punkbuster seems to eat up resources each time it checks for cheats and hacks, and can slow the game down badly... especially every 20 seconds.
                  Just open the console during gameplay- and type in:
                  pb_sleep 500
                  and then to save this change:
                  pb_writecfg

Perhaps after all this optimization and upgrading- this tip might help you with smoother gameplay.

Comment

Just get a gig of good quality ram and you should be fine.

Comment

Probably just need RAM. I've got a 3.0 Prescott and a vanilla 6600 with 1gb of pc3200 and can run BF2 on all medium settings at 1024x768 with very good framerates.

Comment

Working...
                      X