Freezing Issue in MP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing Issue in MP

I have BF2 for about 2 weeks now and love the game. Slowly getting up to speed so as to survive for more than 40 secs at a time.

Here's an issue that started popping up the other night.

I load BF2 and select my online account. I go to the server list and select a map, typically something "local", i.e. USA, and click "Join". The game goes thru the process of loading everything and then "Verifies client data" and then I have to join the server. So far, so good.

However, the map appears on the screen along with the kit selection and the cursor is frozen. I can't move the mouse to select anything, ENTER doesn't work, nada. The sound is playing and I can hear battles, the map itself updates, i.e. I can see things moving on it. The tickets area is in constant change as the battle goes on. The text box in the upper left is changing as ppl. are killed and messages are relayed. And if a battle is going near "wherever" I am, I can see vehicles and troops moving in the background behind the map.

None of this occurs in single player.

P4 3.0
    1gig PC3200 DDR
    ATI Radeon x850 Pro 256mb AGP
    All background tasks off
    No TS, Xfire, etc.

Wierd thing is that for 1 1/2 weeks, it worked fine.

Any thoughts, suggestions, similar issues that were resolved, etc, are appreciated.

Darus

Re: Freezing Issue in MP

Bump and Update:

Found out it is affecting only that particular online profile. I created another one and that works fine. What would cause one profile to FUBAR and another to work flawlessly?

Comment

Working...
    X