Bf2 Not Made For Laptops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf2 Not Made For Laptops

Yea im having a problem with BF2 loading, ive done EVERYTHING, and i have probably the best specs for a laptop u can get, i can run every game on highest resoultion and highest graphics. But bf2 wont even load up, so i call EA and the guy informs me, that BF2 was never tested on a laptop before released, they are JUST NOW trying to release a patch that will MABYE allow laptop users like me to play. But is anyone here able to play on a laptop, i dont know anyone so far.

Re: Bf2 Not Made For Laptops

What are your specs? BTW, I have a laptop with 512 ram, a 3.0ghz p4 processer and a 9600 mobility radeon and I can play just fine. So yeah. A Laptop is basicaly the same as a computer, there really is not difference just size.

Comment

Im running on a dell xps m170. I have a 2.26 centrino mobile processor, graphics card- nvidia 7800 gtx, 2 gigs ddr2 ram.

Comment

i'm running bf2 on a dell inspiron 6000 pentium m 1.86ghz, 1gb ram and x300 64mb. graphics not that terrific tho.

Comment

Originally posted by InfestedSociety
          Yea im having a problem with BF2 loading, ive done EVERYTHING, and i have probably the best specs for a laptop u can get, i can run every game on highest resoultion and highest graphics. But bf2 wont even load up, so i call EA and the guy informs me, that BF2 was never tested on a laptop before released, they are JUST NOW trying to release a patch that will MABYE allow laptop users like me to play. But is anyone here able to play on a laptop, i dont know anyone so far.
          My brother plays BF2 on his laptop...crappy specs too.

It's probably just a matter of running the right drivers.

Comment

I can play it fine 1024X768, 6XAA, All medium, and your specs own mine...

1.86ghz
            Radeon X700 128mb Graphics
            1 Gig Ram

Comment

pls help to advise what settings shall i run on? cos currently i'm running on all low with no AA. Thanks in advance.

1.86ghz
              1gb ram
              pathetic x300 64mb:|:

Comment

Runs fine on my Asus Z70VA. sometimes has some issues on startup just sitting at the initial screen but it turned out to be a CD drive issue.

2.0ghz P-M
                2 gig ram
                X700 128mb

Runs at 1280x960 on med settings nicely.

Comment

it sux tho, ive tried EVERYTHING anyone has said besides gettin a **** patch (cause i cant find one for 1.2) and nothing works... lots of people r having my same problem where it crashes to desktop at splashscreen. i think a no cd crack would work tho, cause it fixed one of my other games... but thats just a guess, anyone have anysuggestions

Comment

nice job fitting a 7800 in a laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by InfestedSociety
                      Im running on a dell xps m170. I have a 2.26 centrino mobile processor, graphics card- nvidia 7800 gtx, 2 gigs ddr2 ram.
                      What video driver are you running? Dell's or nVidia's and what version? The Go 7800 is a very new chip so it doesn't surprise me that there might be some compatibility problems. You might need to try a lot of drivers. You absolutely don't want a ***** patch since that will stop you from playing online. Use a mini-image instead (see sticky thread).

Comment

Working...
                      X