Next Gen argument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Gen argument

When people say that the ps3 will be obsolete to their pc's when it comes it because they say it has the power of to 6800's i think they are overlooking one rather large thing. The ps3 and 360 are designed for gaming and have no backround porcesses runnining at all so there for will be much faster.

Thanks, my point has been made, to an extent.:guns:

Re: Next Gen argument

okay then well i think ppl that have killer PCs will keep on using them and along with the next Gen consoles as times goes on both will get better

Comment

My opinion is next gen is just an upgrade in graphics.

Comment

first of all the ps3 uses a gfx chip similar to the 7800 series. second of all, no matter what; it cant make the computer obsolete. The computer can be constantly upgraded and new games and graphics can come out for it. You can talk on aim and xfire on teh computer, you can run itunes and BF2 at the same time and you can ALT+TAB during games. I mean, the computer to me is worth the extra $$$ to upgrade. It also sports my laziness ^_^

Comment

^ Isn't the PS3 able to upgrade?, like you can buy new graphics cards and switch them with whats in the PS3.

Comment

Yeah, the PC has basically already come up to the xbox 360's graphic capabilities with the x1900xtx. It's there new 512mb, 48 pipeline GPU that is basically the same thing in the 360.

Buy POWERCOLOR 1900XTX512GPUs / Video Graphics Cards Radeon X1900XTX 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 CrossFire Supported VIVO Video Card - OEM with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

I think it's just the simple fact that the console is designed for ONE task and there's no other concerns for it. PC's on the other hand require maintenance and a little love to keep in top shape.

Just my thoughts. I'll still be all into PC as well as the consoles.....bring 'em on!

Comment

no its not the x360 graphics is based on x1800 graphics with 256mb of video memory

Comment

Whatev er the technical specs of it are, the point is that the PC has already caught up to the "next-gen" of consoles.

Comment

the console cant be ahead of the pc technolongy wise becasue its technlongy comes from pc hardware

but the graphics can be better because everyone has a powerful machine like if everyone had a 7800/x1800 the graphics would be allowed to be pushed further but because only around 5% of people have those cards they have to make it avaliable to the lower end user and so graphics are lowered

x360 will only be ahead for another 6 months then it will be behind for another four years or so before another console is released

the ps3 looks way ahead of its time making use of blu ray and technlongy such as xdr ram which probably will blow the head off the x360 if it is what it is promised

Comment

ps3 will be soo much better then xbox360. ill wait it up and i cant wait for ps3. its going to be sooo nice on my flat screen high deff tv.
                    oooooooyeah

Comment

if you can upgrade the ps3 I will cry at the rip off that is. Think about it, think about the people who saved their life savings for a ps3, and can play some of the games, but then get worse FPS on the super good games compared to the rich people who upgraded it. Just like, it defeats the point of a console. Once again: You cant Alt+Tab on a console ^_^ :banana:

Comment

COnsoles should not be upgradeable by performance. I like the mentality of consoles: Games are desinged to meet the requirements of a console, and PC's are made to meet the requirements of games.

Comment

^ exactly!

Comment

dont say that PS3 will be better then 360, the GPU info isnt released ( because it sucks ) only the CPU

but its a apple - to - peer comparing

Alt + cap , lol , use 360 with the x logo button on the controller and you are at the menu to talk , listen music with your friends online !

we will see if the PS3 is better ( maybe but the games sucks anyway and the controller is for ga ys who like to fu ck their as shols LOL, btw, i have PS2 and FPS games SUCKS at the controller, with N64 controller i pwn you all in BF2 :P love goldeneye ! )

PC will defeat the console hardware, but i dont got the money for pc upgrades, thats it !

PC > console hardware

console, friends + games + fun > PC

REMEMBER the nintendo 64 days, what a fun ! nice to own your friends !

Comment

Working...
                            X