Good way to Balance Wake Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good way to Balance Wake Island

Aircrafts off from both sides (AH for USMC) and it'll be a good map.

Comment

Originally posted by froschquetscher
      When you have a good pilot on PLA in the first jet no blackhawk will make it to island. There are not many chances to get a flag as USMC if there are awesome jetpilots in the Su.
      What is the guy in the F35 doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Maniac
        Aircrafts off from both sides (AH for USMC) and it'll be a good map.
        Omg just learn to play...
        I'm very sad to say.... with the new game from Dice. (BF2)
        every freaking whiner most complain over balance.

DId you know in bf1942. the spitfire was the best plane....
        and I heard nobody complain, because de community was big but not so big as bf2, with not some much *&^*&08 (brainless people)
        Is just the thrut because in bf1942 you have more smart people who know the word teamplay,

Can we please shut down this tread.

and make a topic like: HOw will you attack china on wake island...

Comment

Originally posted by Jones[31stMEU]
          If the Chinese get thier own carrier, the USMC gets thier own Island
          BRILLIANT. Where can I download the map editor?

Comment

Originally posted by colony
            What is the guy in the F35 doing?
            if i would be in the f35 i would be in a pickle. do i try to shoot down the jet that is attacking the carrier or should i try to keep down the other jet that also will attack the carrier. both way i am screwed. not being an awesome pilot, like i think most arent, i couldnt stop them.

anyway, i think the map is kind of balanced. you just have to use the right tactics as usmc. watch the video my bsf-members created. i posted the link in this thread. there you will see how you can turn it around. its easier to play pla, no doubt but usmc is worth it also.

Comment

Originally posted by Terroser
              Omg just learn to play...
              I have already and I'm most likely even better player than you.
              I'm very sad to say.... with the new game from Dice. (BF2)
              every freaking whiner most complain over balance.

DId you know in bf1942. the spitfire was the best plane....
              and I heard nobody complain, because de community was big but not so big as bf2, with not some much *&^*&08 (brainless people)
              Is just the thrut because in bf1942 you have more smart people who know the word teamplay,
              You complain about "brainless people" yet you're not even able to form coherent sentences to support your arguments. You're like a donkey whos trying to type with computer keyboard.

In BF1942 airplanes were good too but there was anti-air weapons to fight against aircrafts, unlike in BF2. And no, Stingers and Iglas have no anti-air capabilities against aircrafts, what even you can probably see just by flying in an aircraft in BF2. Teamwork has nothing to do with overpowered jets and the baseraping abilities that they get. Removing jets from Wake would actually INCREASE the value of teamwork on both sides.
              Can we please shut down this tread.
              Because of the "brainless people" who don't agree with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Maniac
                I have already and I'm most likely even better player than you.

You complain about "brainless people" yet you're not even able to form coherent sentences to support your arguments. You're like a donkey whos trying to type with computer keyboard.

In BF1942 airplanes were good too but there was anti-air weapons to fight against aircrafts, unlike in BF2. And no, Stingers and Iglas have no anti-air capabilities against aircrafts, what even you can probably see just by flying in an aircraft in BF2. Teamwork has nothing to do with overpowered jets and the baseraping abilities that they get. Removing jets from Wake would actually INCREASE the value of teamwork on both sides.

Because of the "brainless people" who don't agree with you?

Lz brainless person you are. If you say teamwork have nothing to do with overpowerd weapons!

Let me give you a example.

Black hawk is raping at a flag,
                the players who get raped still spwan aussault or something.
                but no anti-tank (that, I call brainlesss people)

Also you know a fully loaded chopper with engineers is hard to take down.
                the only thing what you have to do.
                To get 2 players to shoot two anti-tank missle's at the BH

also, I see players get the change to shoot the BH with a anti-tank
                but instead shooting in the BH (what will kill the enigneers) they shoot at the BH.

Even from square you have a nice view to take a BH fast down because there spwan 2 humvee's.

second example

if a plane is raping on the carrier.
                they still spawn on the carrier instead inside the carrier.

and there are freaking two AA installation's.

the AA is olmost the same (only the aa missles are freaking weird sometimes when 1.12 patch came out)

in bf1942 you could easly used your gun to take they guy out who where sitting in the aa in bf1942 and also in bf2.

Only the diffirents between BF1942 and BF2.
                there where not so many brainless people, and that they think they are rambo) :laugh:

If you know the word teamwork. you also know ohoma beach allied side from BF1942

Comment

And moving the jets from Wake.....
                  will make the teamwork better..

:laugh: No, people now, can think they can play rambo.
                  when 1.12 came out they have maked the AA missles to crap..

example:

Shoot AA., the missle's are just 3 feet away. and then they make a(*&(*& ****ing turn to right and to the left from 3 feet of the object...
                  (and that they call smart boms :laugh: )

it will be fixed in 1.2 , so it will be harder for the planes.
                  also don't think, you lock the plane and it must be dead (angle)

-------Moving the jets--------

you are totally not aware, that this will freak out the balance

Tips:

1. Take over there mainbase, they can not use there tank and heli, and planes. Never though of that do you?

And yes you will say. but if we not can get of the carrier.
                  Use your brain. and be a squad leader and drop yourself with a plane above the main.

2. if you taked a flag, the planes gonna focus at a other point.
                  so when they focus on that, you and your team must try to take another flag, thiss would be much eassier.

3. You got a uncappble base they don't.

There are tons of tackticks to win from china..
                  but you must be...

how would I say that!

be creative with your tackticks ( is a nicer word, do you think? )

Sorry for the crappy english, but I'm not a english man, soo

Comment

To be honest, on wake
                    1 (second optional) good pilot for chinese + the rest of the team defend the airport (brain optional) is sufficent to gureentee a win.

Any reason other than that is the result of stupidity on the american side.

Comment

Originally posted by aScotia
                      Having the two bases at the tip start neutral is a great idea, therefore there is no bleed at the start. I always thought it'd be good to start the USMC with 320 instead of 300, but taking complete control of the island away from the Chinese at the start makes much more sense. I love Wake, but you can't win on USMC without teamwork, which is unfortunately a rarity in this game.
                      I been on both sides, winning and losing. I've been on the USMC side and could not get on the island and if I did, a tank was there to greet me

Team work is what it is all about. As a squad leader, you can use the transport heli and have the guys jump out, while you fly around for a spawn point (hopefully the jets do not spot you).

But every map is tough for either side, when their is not team work.

Comment

go here and find out how to do it right as usmc on wake island

Comment

there is no doubt that a good heli piolet and a good gunner will own this map. i was USMC and when i got to the island i was constantly being attacked by a chopper, i had no chance. also good plane piolets work really well

Comment

Originally posted by iewgnem
                            To be honest, on wake
                            1 (second optional) good pilot for chinese + the rest of the team defend the airport (brain optional) is sufficent to gureentee a win.

Any reason other than that is the result of stupidity on the american side.

... so the other 4 flags musn't be defend :hmm:

1 (second optional) good pilot on umsc is covering your ass

Comment

Originally posted by Swain-o
                              there is no doubt that a good heli piolet and a good gunner will own this map. i was USMC and when i got to the island i was constantly being attacked by a chopper, i had no chance. also good plane piolets work really well
                              What is with you guys.. with raped on umsc at wake island..

maby guys you must find some buddy's to hang with, so you get used to each other (like a little clan) and rock your evening (better teamplay)

I always play on servers.
                              where rugelar players come so. I know them a little.

And don't make me wrong guys with my tips.
                              if you have a flag. then china will olmost lose there focus on the carrier.
                              so the people on the carrier has more changes to attack from there.

and also don't forget, try to take over the mainbase first, this is the best way to PWnd china .

Maby for you guys must see what wake island recorded films.
                              much good tackticks are used.

Comment

My fav is when the PLA win with only 1 flag and getting raped at spawn.
                                i say..(This is something i said on another topic about team switching, but it seems to fit well here)
                                It's really the map that causes the PLA to have the upper hand often. Boats are easily destroyed and arn't that fast, they should be like speed boats to help get the guys across the water and into the real combat. I find mostly USMC can't get off there first to spawn points. The only way is if the Blackhawk and it's crew cap a flag, but it's harder to even make it to land with patch 1.2, and even if you do you are met with atleast half of the PLA army with tank and jeep support. See thats why if the Carrier was movable it would be more of a balance. Also nothing is worse then when the USMC has 12 guys on the carrier with no hawk to get off. Also if they could make the other side of the carrier the one where the Scan is have a hawk and have people beable to spawn there it would reduce plane raping because people would be spread out.

Comment

Working...
                                X