Good way to Balance Wake Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good way to Balance Wake Island

Wake needs a destroyer for USMC to shell the island. It's a balanced map most of the time, with the exception of a 64 player server. I've never seen USMC win on a 64 server.

Comment

Very intresting map, most pilots go china and attempt to rack up kills at the airfield, the Chinese airfield is open to BH whoring, but good teamwork will win this map. Hundreds of times I've seen people grab the Blackhawk, go staight through the middle of the island, open to attack by everything and extremly noticiable. I take the long route, around the island as far as I can go, drop my squad off at north base, cap it, and then attempt to cap the airfield. It's an intresting map. Either way, If the carrier is getting raped, I just go medic

Comment

Atleast BF1942 Wake Had Bigger Boats, Weaker Planes, and A MOVABLE CARRIER. Also the map was bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by aScotia
          Having the two bases at the tip start neutral is a great idea, therefore there is no bleed at the start. I always thought it'd be good to start the USMC with 320 instead of 300, but taking complete control of the island away from the Chinese at the start makes much more sense. I love Wake, but you can't win on USMC without teamwork, which is unfortunately a rarity in this game.
          I'm almost positive that the USMC starts with 330 versus the PLA 300 because it's starting with a ticket bleed. On a teamwork server, the USMC stands almost no chance on this map. Good players know not to abandon the Airfield, they're manning the stinger site, have laid out plenty of med packs and resupply bags and are waiting for the BH either high or low. If the USMC has really good pilots that support the ground troops and keep the PLA on their toes, occasionally the USMC will win. If the USMC team has some fast spawners and they use one of the aircraft to get to the Airbase ASAP and bailout, have people spawn on them AND have this squad supplemented with a BH squad, that'll work too. Requires a good bit of coordination and team play though.

Comment

If you have decent helo/jet players on the Chinese side, there is no way to lose.

You know, kill the boats, blackhawks, etc... They are automatic ticket losses!

Comment

look at this video, this is the way to turn it all around and rape the s h i t out of the chinese. if you do it right, there is nothing china can do but getting pwned.

Comment

id like to see the whole island neutral with carriers or islands on opposite sides.....so its a mad dash for the Center island and see who can take it first.

Comment

If the Chinese get thier own carrier, the USMC gets thier own Island

Comment

just read what you posted Modifier, good idea, that would make the most sense and translate into the best action

Comment

i dont reckon its cos of bad teamwork as such, just the small number of people who refuse to move from the same airplane spawning point tking each other for a stupid plane, inability to take one side of the island and instead taking bits and pieces like north village and beach instead of everyone focusing on south village/north village etc

Comment

I think it would be more fair to the USMC if they didn't have to wait for their 2nd F-35 and Blackhawk to spawn. It could be like on Dalian Plant or Gulf of Oman, where all the available vehicles are already there.

Comment

Another Freaking &*^*087 threat.

Ever tough to get in a plane and bail out on the main and let your squad members spwan there...........

this is one of the options.

there are freaking tons of options to get a flag.

But this map is not for noobs...
                          is a map like ohoma beach on bf1942

allied was starting at a boat and the axis side had one flag and two tanks if they had the flag at the bunker.

and there where only 2 small hills to get up by the flag. and then the word Teamwork will make the difference.

lz and don't forget the freakiong defguns

The map is just good balanced, but most of the people don't want to think and play like rambo.

Comment

what i do usually , when USMC , is get the BH full of people , fly at a certain height, fly to a flag , drop down like crazy , everybody gets out, flag is capped in secondes , then everybody back in , fly to next flag and cap that one and defend it against chinese coming from airfield (works on both sides , tho north side is easier (longer ways , easier to defend). Once that is done , chinese will constantly attack that flank , so its a lot easier for other US to cap the other 2 flags on south and then attack airfield.

however its hard if you have no proper air support , that for example takes out the tank (usually 1 each side) and the IGLA's. IGLAS i can handle with BH , if we have at least 1 okish gunner (and he cares enough).

Comment

Originally posted by Sin317
                              what i do usually , when USMC , is get the BH full of people , fly at a certain height, fly to a flag , drop down like crazy , everybody gets out, flag is capped in secondes , then everybody back in , fly to next flag and cap that one and defend it against chinese coming from airfield (works on both sides , tho north side is easier (longer ways , easier to defend). Once that is done , chinese will constantly attack that flank , so its a lot easier for other US to cap the other 2 flags on south and then attack airfield.

however its hard if you have no proper air support , that for example takes out the tank (usually 1 each side) and the IGLA's. IGLAS i can handle with BH , if we have at least 1 okish gunner (and he cares enough).
                              When you have a good pilot on PLA in the first jet no blackhawk will make it to island. There are not many chances to get a flag as USMC if there are awesome jetpilots in the Su.

Comment

What they should do is make a 16 and 32 player version of the map. Since the only way Wake comes in is a 64 player map.

Because of Wake being a 64 player map it has an overabundance of vehicles.

To fix this you could reduce the aircrafts down to one of each type or just allow choppers. Or you could even give the USMC a beachhead to begin with.

The simplest way would be to make it like Dalian Plant, Gulf of Oman, or Operation Clean Sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X