Good way to Balance Wake Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good way to Balance Wake Island

I belive in my mind that the Chinese should have there own Carrier South-East of the Airbase, also Both Costal tips of Wake should be nutral to make it's easier for USMC to get into the fight, and also make the Chinese have to go on the Offensive. Also need to rework the Pointing, because my PLA have won 90% of the time if they just hold the airbase, even if they have lost everything else. What do you guys think? Maybe they can release with the patch since planes and helo's will be weaker lets see them try to rape a carrier.

Re: Good way to Balance Wake Island

Wake's already balanced. I've seen plently of wins and losses from both sides on that map. The only times it's gone badly for one side or the other is when one is more organised and using more teamwork than the other, and hey, that applies to all the maps.

Comment

Originally posted by HicRic
      Wake's already balanced. I've seen plently of wins and losses from both sides on that map. The only times it's gone badly for one side or the other is when one is more organised and using more teamwork than the other, and hey, that applies to all the maps.

I agree, teamwork will usualy let the USMC win.

Comment

I think bad BH driving usually leads to a US defeat, why people skim the waves is beyond me, they dont seem to realise they are flying straight toward all the enemy defence fire emerging into missile batterys on the other other side, above 250ft you drop players where you like without the enemy seeing the blatent 'shoot here' sign that is the BH in Wake, so long as the first news of your visit is a neutral flag it will be capped before they get off the beach. Why go head to head with armour when you have a BH? BH does distract enemy fire nicely from the boats i must concede but its the only map ive seen such mass sacrifice for so little gain.

Generally the Chinese team doesnt defend its bases- defence is dedicated to the beach- once you have a foot hold on the island via any flag they are so slow to react that the US can cap the airbase and watch the kills rack up. The only time a 'beach head' doesnt work is when a team of smurfs is busy being pleasant to one another on the carrier or have a defiant belief that there own bodys will take a tank out.

Chinese have to be fast to react and be prepared to loose the beaches for the sake of flags, US has to not play the map as if it were Mashtuur but the total opposite. It is a balanced map, just people fail to see the obvious- such as cut bridges prevent the total weight of enemy armour coming too close when you have but 1 tank as well as allowing your boats to land on the beaches. Has to be a team effort from either side to win tho.

Comment

the only time it is unbalanced is when usmc ahs no spawns on the island making it near impossible to even get on land.

Comment

I think it is a tad unbalance in the favor of the chinese. If the chinese team is good it is pretty easy to win the game as long as they have defensives spread out across the island.

Comment

The last wake I played, I think me and my squad held off the entire US strike force with a couple of Jeeps.

Having said that an organised US attack is hard to defend because the two flanks are so far apart. A good commander should be able to exploit that.

What really throws off the balance is having a couple of good pilots. In a 64 player game 4 people have so much influance.

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
                the only time it is unbalanced is when usmc ahs no spawns on the island making it near impossible to even get on land.
                thats how the map starts.

ill give you an example of how this usually works on a 64 player server.
                31 people spawn on the carrier, and one spawns on the small island, leaving just me to ACCTUALLY ASSAULT THE ISLAND! then the j10s come and nuke the carrier, then people start spawning in boats, but by that time its to late, they become j10 food. and as for the blackhawk, it really depends on how good the pla pilots are, i usually destory blackhawks without kamikazi through the use of my cannon, so unless you get to 350 altitude or go along hte side of the map, its best not to load it up.

the best way for the americans to win is to have 12 people spawn on deck, 10 below deck, and 10 on the small island. the ones that get to the small island and below deck first should just gun it so they can at least get to the island, everyone who actually makes it to the island should make themselves squadleader. every single person that gets into the blackhawk should make themselves squad leader. and bail at the closest flag possible, or if they are going to blow over land. its important that the us either caps the beach/airbase first, or cap both the south and norht at the same time, to divide up the enemy. jsfs primary targets are ground forces like armor, and to take out the mi28, the primary target would be to take out j10s, but they dont have the turn speed to contend with a good j10 pilot. if the us gets the airfield, the f15/18(iforget) is a great anti j10. the cobra should focus on armor and the mi28 aswell.

Comment

Having the two bases at the tip start neutral is a great idea, therefore there is no bleed at the start. I always thought it'd be good to start the USMC with 320 instead of 300, but taking complete control of the island away from the Chinese at the start makes much more sense. I love Wake, but you can't win on USMC without teamwork, which is unfortunately a rarity in this game.

Comment

I think it's balanced in the air aswell, the USMC has 5 bases to choose from to do bombing runs. On the server i play on anyway attacking an uncappable in a vehicle = ban, so the us pilots just base rape the airfield. However China having no flags to bomb and the superior fighter will have no problem taking down the US jets.

I know it can be hard for the US to get a foothold sometimes but it only requires a little bit of teamwork to get a flag capped. The biggest problem the US team has is half the team standing on the carrier waiting for vehicles.

Comment

It can be really hard to get a hold on the island on a 64 player map if the Chinese are organised (thankfully they are usually playing as 32 individuals!). Taking the BH up high and to the Airfield with a full squad and take asap works well, then defend taking out their UAV/Scanner trailer/Artillery - really puts them at a disadvantage. Send out a few squads to try to clear one "leg" of the Island and it is easy to defend on one front. You need to be organised working as a team, unfortunatley I do not find this very often, e.g. you take the airfield and your team is still on the carrier bunny hopping about TKing each other and for the planes/Apache!

Comment

attacking an uncappable in a vehicle = ban

If the server is ranked i belive it could be banned itself

Also i want the Carrier for the chinese just to chill on, and defend

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
                          attacking an uncappable in a vehicle = ban

If the server is ranked i belive it could be banned itself
                          Why else would the Essex be capable of defending itself if it werent meant to be attacked
                          (i concede in reality that it isnt defencable)

Comment

the only reson usmc doesnt win is because everybody goes lone wolf and hekis dont pick up passengers and fly of to throw a party like u guys said if they work together they will win i have seen a battle of usmc 5 vs pla 13 and the usmc won

Comment

Wake is an iteresting map....very hostile to noobs. If you have a few competent USMC players to cap the airfield then its all over for the PLA. However, a strong Chinese team can hold the US off the island and rape the spawns.

Comment

Working...
                              X