TotalBF2 Mappack 3 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TotalBF2 Mappack 3 Release

Read all the information and download at the Mapteams new homepage.

Our server is currently running Mappack 2 and Mappack 3!

SERVERS

Check here for many more servers

Mapteam Server - it IS in the USA

Also keep checking this first post for updates

Re: TotalBF2 Mappack 3 Release

Greetings Everyone!

As most of you know, we have a map team in TotalBF2 that have been releasing Battlefield 2 custom map packs for the past 6 months. Well good news! We have released map pack 3 which we have been working on for the past 2-3 months. I believe it has the best 6 custom maps available on the internet.

The purpose of the map packs is to bring diversity to Battlefield 2. We have seen so many complaints from users about how the vanilla BF2 maps became boring and how they would like to see servers running custom maps. Well, if you were one of the people who think this way, map pack 3 is just for you.

I would also like to mention that we as TotalBF2 submitted a story about map pack 3 to a social news site named 'Digg'. With digg, users submit stories for review, but rather than allow an editor to decide which stories go on the homepage, the users do. Once a story is submitted by a user it is instantly posted in the digg area queue. This is a temporary holding place where stories wait to be promoted to the homepage. To help promote stories to the homepage, simply visit the digg area and digg stories you think are cool. Once a story has received enough diggs, it is instantly promoted.

In order to promote the story to the front page (which will in turn cause possibly thousands more people to download the pack), sign up @ digg and visit this page (click here) and simply click 'digg it'.

This isn't to create more traffic to TBF2 or whatever, it's simply a way to get the pack out to many more people (as you'll notice the link goes straight to the file).

If you get all your friends to do these two simple steps it'll be on the digg front page in no time!

You don't have to do this of course, but if you do it, you will show your appreciation to TotalBF2 staff who has been working so hard to prepare all these map packs. The only reason why we are asking for community support regarding to this issue is to get map pack 3 to more people which in return would increase the number of players in servers running map pack 3 which is again for your own benefit.

I would also like to mention one more thing. What happened with the past map packs (1 and 2) was that the servers were full 24/7 for 2-3 weeks. But after 2-3 weeks, people stopped showing up. I am sure there are thousands of people out there who are bored with vanilla BF2 maps and who want to play in different maps and try different tactics. It's up to each and every one of you to keep the custom maps for BF2 alive. All you need to do is to join the server. We monitor servers 24 hours and when you join the server if you don't see more than 5 people, don't just leave. Wait for other people to come.

If you are a server administrator and if you want to run the map pack in your server, please do so. If you are an administrator in a BF2 league and would like to use maps from map packs in your tournaments, please do so. However, if you want to modify the maps for your tournament or league mathces, you need to contact us before you make any changes.

Thank you very much for your continued support to TotalBF2 community.

Regards,

Maranello

Comment

Yes, i've played the maps, they are great, problem is that when i play in your servers, i get kicked because of high ping, when my ping is always around 250-280, kinda sux, so i usually play in a few other servers.

Gratz anyway on the maps, they are great.

Comment

Hey guys great job on the maps. I have one question. We are wanting to host a server with all three map packs. Can all the maps from the 3 packs be ran in the same map rotations?

Comment

Originally posted by {MoW} Brahma
          Hey guys great job on the maps. I have one question. We are wanting to host a server with all three map packs. Can all the maps from the 3 packs be ran in the same map rotations?

Ya of course - but if you are using em on a linux server you will need to modify some stuff for mappack 1 and 2. Mappack 3 is ready to go.

Comment

yeah i have them all running. couple of people have ran into install issues but I handled it. Server IP is 70.86.2.23

Comment

Are these maps intended for on-line play only are can you play them on a LAN network. Because I installed them and I now loger have a co-op option under multiplay via the network. It just says conquest and singelplayer now.

Comment

Originally posted by AKA_Big10
                Are these maps intended for on-line play only are can you play them on a LAN network. Because I installed them and I now loger have a co-op option under multiplay via the network. It just says conquest and singelplayer now.
                These maps do not have SP or co-op support. If the first map in your list does not support co-op you can't select co-op even if other maps do support it.

Comment

Working...
                X