X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Movie] "Escape from Mashtuur" - limited beta footage only

NEW, REMASTERED VERSION:

note:
    the remastered version only featured scenes 3-6. Essentially, the first two scenes establishing the plot and the concluding scenes are missing.

Escape from Mashtuur City is a video portraying the escape of a Humvee that survives a MEC ambush. The video is features a quick pace, as the US Humvee races to escape the confines of Mashtuur City, facing enemy helicopters, tanks, jeeps, and infantry in it's path.

The movie forms 7 scenes. We will show the transition through them, but mainly focus the action on those 7 scenes.

As we contiune to work on the movie (it'll probably on last 5 minutes at the end), we'll post beta footage in here. Check back for updates!

Scene 1: Coming Soon
    Scene 2: Coming Soon
    Scene 3: Beta Footage Available [ putfile ]
    Scene 4: Beta Footage Available [ putfile ]
    Scene 5: Coming Soon
    Scene 6: Coming Soon
    Scene 7: Coming Soon

Essentially, this is a very small preview of what we've actually done acting-wise. It's not a technical showing the advanced video and sound editing that will be available in the full versions.

Beta footage: Using in-game BFRecorder, using FRAPs to record, and using Windows Movie Maker to edit and render, with no sound editing. Uses medium-high settings on a small resolution.
    Final footage Using BF2Launcher to render and record, using a professional movie editing software, and using sound effects to enhance in-game sound as well as using a sound editor to perfect the flow of the show. Uses ultra-high settings on the large resolution.

Re: [Movie] "Escape from Mashtuur" - limited beta footage only

Nice Photoshop banner, looks like a promising movie, but I disagree with the way you're choosing to present it.
    So we have beta clips now... right....
    Well do you mind telling us why they were escaping with oldie Victorian music playing, (of some kind :laugh: ) and isn't this whole idea of releasing 7 (beta) scenes kind of unnecessary, and extra work, plus using WMM to do it, and if you say it's only going to be 5 minutes long, it really downgrades it IMO.
    I'm rather confused, as you probably can tell.
    Why don't you release a story board or something if our going to release something. I don't want these clips to spoil the "final footage"
    Traditionally, people make a full blown trailer, something for us to get excited over.
    Just my two cents.

Comment

looks promising, i like the premis of a humvee escaping with multiple close calls.....ect.

Comment

It's a short film, it won't need a trailer. Like I said, it's beta footage of what we've done as via acting. I probably will not release Scene 1 and Scene 7 until the actual movie - maybe even hold out Scene 6, as well. Basically, this is just a way to show our progress. The final footage will look a lot better. What I'm doing takes about 1 hour to process - using FRAPs and WMM. Using professional tools will take a lot longer - and I don't have time to do that until we've recorded all the scenes and I can blend them together.

This isn't really a hype piece, more just showing some work as we progress with filming the video.

Thanks for the input, would be glad to hear some more!

Comment

Why not make a Escape From alcatraz movie. As there is a Alcatraz map in the new map pack

Comment

There has some to some more comments on it!

Comment

If the driver had taken a right when the mec first started shooting at him, he would have got where he was going at lot quicker and not got shot at

Comment

Originally posted by OBCD
                looks promising, i like the premis of a humvee escaping with multiple close calls.....ect.
                Im with him looks good

Comment

its looking good, hope to see the final thing!

Comment

vvery interesting video

Comment

Great timing with all the close call misses, as said above.

Comment

Just you guys now, there is now a second version available of the Scene 3 Beta Footage!

Version 2

Comment

Originally posted by Mattc0m
                          Just you guys now, there is now a second version available of the Scene 3 Beta Footage!

Version 2
                          Its better, but you just put in new parts of the video...but it doesnt go that smooth...

you can see how the humvee already passed one point, but you just show the same thing from a different angle

Comment

i dont think the guy getting ran over should be in it

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleVee
                              Its better, but you just put in new parts of the video...but it doesnt go that smooth...

you can see how the humvee already passed one point, but you just show the same thing from a different angle
                              Yeah, that annoyed me as well, however I could only fine tune it so much. Like I said, Beta footage, I know it's not perfect, but ideas on the acting and situation would be great. I'm going to be retaking all the shots later on - I was mainly just trying to lengthen the video about 50% which is why some parts get a bit repitious.

Originally posted by kfj
                              i dont think the guy getting ran over should be in it
                              I didn't like that part too well, either. I didn't think that I ended up showing it in it's entirity, though. Just bits and pieces of it are caught on clips focusing on other parts. I don't mind him being run over, it just seems a bit warpy which I didn't like. Maybe I missed something, though. Like I said, I didn't finetune it as nearly as much as I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                              X