BattleLauncher v1.2 - Patch 2 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BattleLauncher v1.2 - Patch 2 released

The reason for this thread is to inform BattleLauncher users (as well as people who have never heard about the program) that there is a new version available.

If you have never heard about BattleLauncher, here is a short description of what it is:

BattleLauncher is a tool that is designed to aid you with the movie making aspects of Battlefield 2. It is, simply put, a program that makes it easier for people who dislike working with cryptic commandlines to work with the Battlerecorder feature of Battlefield 2.

BattleLauncher was from the beginning a simple replacer for the demo.cmd file, the so called "solution", that EA/DICE gave us to work with our demos and cameras. With the program, it was now possible to make a movie with the Battlefield 2 Demo without spending too much time playing with the demo.cmd file. Apart from the very first versions of BattleLauncher, the demo.cmd file is not required for it to work.

As with almost all programs, more ideas and features were implemented into BattleLauncher and it has been growing into a stable tool that allows you to work more efficiently with your demos and cameras. Handy features are added to the program frequently.

The new version, Patch 2 (1.2.0.2), fixes some very nasty bugs with the 1.2.0 version that was released on the 14th.

I recommend all the BattleLauncher users to download this patch ASAP and recommend people who have never tried it to give it a spin, you might like it

Download link:
    www.battlelauncher.com/downloads/battlelauncher_1.2.0.2.rar

Link to list of bug fixes:
    http://support.battlelauncher.com/To..._.28Patch_2.29

Link to official site:
    www.battlelauncher.com

Screenshots: (Click on the screenshots for better quality)

Re: BattleLauncher v1.2 - Patch 2 released

I must get round to learning this a bit more for my next movie. I can do the basics, but getting an ideal camera movement set is difficult to master. I'll be trying the new version out tonight.

Comment

Yeah getting the camera movements right is tricky, but it's worth it.

Comment

What I do is make several Camera tracks for each demo, for example the Duel mainly features 2 characters, I'd do 1 Camera Track focusing on one guy, one camera track focusing on the other guy and the other camera track for Long shots, that way I have more choices in editing.

Comment

yeah that is a good idea.

i've been experimenting with having one camera track and different demo files. you can do a lot of interesting effects, such as multiplying, when doing it this way - even though it's tricky.

Comment

I used to have problem with battlelauncher, when i used to render, and check the results it used to come out in 4 alpha colors. I dont get why???

Comment

What codec did you use? I've heard that this happens when you try to render with DivX sometimes. In general BF2 doesn't seem to like DivX all that much...

Comment

OH Good were,s my demo,s so i can test it will try it out later

Comment

Originally posted by Senap
                  What codec did you use? I've heard that this happens when you try to render with DivX sometimes. In general BF2 doesn't seem to like DivX all that much...
                  aaaaaaah so thats the problem :] Thanks. BLOODY DIVX. Burn in hell!! 0

Comment

I suggest exporting in Uncompressed then compressing it later when you export from your editor.

Comment

so..where IS the patch?
                      went to battlelaucher site and it is for sale

Comment

Working...
                      X