This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when is patch 2.1 comming out?

OK i am now Topic starter number 300, bu i must ask, anyone know when it comes out?? I will not play BF2 tell it does.

Re: when is patch 2.1 comming out?

if anyone knew the actual date, it would be all over the site. At the moment we are all in the same boat and will have to wait and see, However the sensible money is on the patch being released the same time as the EF booster pack.

Comment

I guess it depends on if the new expansion requires anything special from the patch to run, most likely it will so as the servers see the new maps as "EA approved content" for ranked gameplay.

Euro forces booster pack is due Feb 8th, they could always change that since it's not a retail boxed product though.

Comment

Within the next 2 weeks would be a good guess.

Comment

Hmm I doubt the patch numbering will ever get as high as 2.1, I'm sure it was a typo and you meant 1.2, as I said my bet is Feb 8th, the day Euro booster is released.

Comment

hmm, looks like the EF pack is being delayed, and I'm willing to bet that's because the patch is not ready

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic...82ba8dd8763968

Comment

Well actually that is good news because maybe, just maybe they are learning from their mistakes.

Comment

why do people keep asking such questions ? it is beyond my understanding, seriously.

Comment

Hang on guys, Protagonist said he was waiting for comfirmation. Of course it probably is right that they're being pushed back. Edit: Ok waiting for confirmation of a new release date, but it is delayed. Re-read it

Oh well, I actually agree if this is a delay due to the 1.2 patch not being upto par, this is great. I really, really hope that DICE have listened to some of our concerns after seeing the alpha patch videos. Especially the latest one, with throwable C4, very weak UAV, totally nerfed helicopters.

Originally posted by Sin317
                  why do people keep asking such questions ? it is beyond my understanding, seriously.
                  Well, actually it's raised some new information. I would have put money on the patch being out before the Euro Force booster, but if that's delayed beyond February 8th, then no one has any idea when the patch will be released.

Comment

eh..choppers are cool now.
                    c'mon..no way they can take that much firepower before going down as they do right now in BF2.
                    Maybe still let them have 14 missiles though..

Comment

Well, actually it's raised some new information. I would have put money on the patch being out before the Euro Force booster, but if that's delayed beyond February 8th, then no one has any idea when the patch will be released.
                      i dont work for EA or DIce but i can assure you 100% the EF pack wont be released prior to the patch.

Comment

If you read my comments again you'd see I wasn't saying that the booster would be out before the patch.

Originally posted by madness
                        eh..choppers are cool now.
                        c'mon..no way they can take that much firepower before going down as they do right now in BF2.
                        Maybe still let them have 14 missiles though..
                        I don't disagree the choppers take a fair bit of punishment at the moment, but from what we've seen their hitpoints have been dramatically decreased. In the latest video the player destroyed the helo by himself with minimal ammunition. Four rockets from another helo, thirty seconds of fire from the 50cal, and two AT rockets. Imagine in a public server with multiple enemies firing at the helo, it will be downed within a very short period of time. This isn't even considering the new improved AA, which has a better lock-on to helicopters.

Comment

It cant get here soon enough, I'm growing tired of the ********..

Comment

Working...
                          X