Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medium Graphics Settings Tweak!?

Hi Everyone,

I have read that most people play with all or most graphics setting s set to medium to get the best performance/quality gameplay. Even in the BF2 Tweak Guide, he mentions that there is not much a of difference in graphics look and quality between medium and high, moreso the major quality difference is between low and medium. I have also heard that putting your view maxed out at 100% is very important to successful gameplay.

Now my question is, what setting or settings would you most benefit from in graphics quality by setting it to high without taking a major hit on performance? Someone recently told me that setting texture to high will make a nice improvement in quality without a hit?

Thanks!

Mark

Re: Medium Graphics Settings Tweak!?

i play in low cause it gonna lag but its larefay very nice

Comment

I think there is a HUGE difference from med to high- but then again i always run on high so im used to it. what are your specs?

Comment

Specs are:

P4 2.4C 800FSB 2xCorsair 512M PC3200XL's eVga 6800nu 128 AGP

I stay pretty much at 60FPS and occasionally drop into the 40's. I would like a bit more eye candy but I don't want to take the performance hit.

Comment

With a .3/1 K/D ratio, I'd be looking at lowering settings, and maximising performance...

Comment

Turn terrain to low it eats the most!

Comment

The human eye cannot detect the amount of frames over 45. So just expirement and try and keep it around there

Comment

1024x768 everything low except effects (high), geometry (high) and view distanc (100%). helps me load faster (normally i got the plane 1st :P), high frame rates and no lag during intense fighting. i sacrifice eyecandy for gameplay

Comment

turn effect on to medium
                  turn geometry on to HIGH, because it affects your view distance
                  turn texture to high, this will give largest graphical quality boost without perfermence hit (older generations are well designed to handle textures, it's the effects that eat resources)

If you have ATI card, turn off anything that has to do with shadow/lighting, leave lighting on medium though.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCool
                    The human eye cannot detect the amount of frames over 45.
                    Why don't you show us some reference to back that up?

Comment

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
                      turn effect on to medium
                      turn geometry on to HIGH, because it affects your view distance
                      turn texture to high, this will give largest graphical quality boost without perfermence hit (older generations are well designed to handle textures, it's the effects that eat resources)

If you have ATI card, turn off anything that has to do with shadow/lighting, leave lighting on medium though.
                      Definitely turn off the dynamic shadows, that is a big performance hit.. I would leave dynamic lighting on low at the very least, unless you like a completely bland, unrealistic looking video game..

I would leave textures on medium unless you have 256mb graphics card..

Comment

Originally posted by MrCool
                        The human eye cannot detect the amount of frames over 45. So just expirement and try and keep it around there
                        umm..theres huge difference between 45 and 90 FPS

Comment

yeah i remember back from cs. playing with 100 fps or 45 .. now YOU tell me there isnt a difference lol.

Comment

Originally posted by madness
                            umm..theres huge difference between 45 and 90 FPS
                            Yeah, 45 FPS
                            There is no hard boundary as to how many FPS the human eye can perceive. Certain events lasting only a very short time (lightnings, light flashes of 1/500 s or less) can be perceived quite easily, so there is no trivial answer.

Comment

the 30 (not 45 ) fps thing was made up for video/tv lol. and people still believe it .. (ntsc is 29.97 fps).

Comment

Working...
                              X