Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EuroForce affect on server for non Euroforce players ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EuroForce affect on server for non Euroforce players ?

not sure if this has been posted before .. and didnt see anything definitive on this in my search, so here goes ..

when the booster comes out, will all players in the server have to have it ? IE if the server is boosted, will non boosted players be able to play in it ? or am i forcing my squad to spend the extra $$ ? or not boosting ?

thanks

Re: EuroForce affect on server for non Euroforce players ?

I also have a question. Can we filter booster servers out?

Comment

In the in game browser there is a filter for same mods or some thing similar don't remeber the exact quote. But I am not sure if that will work since the booster becomes part of vanilla BF2. But that is the type of thing they should enable so it can be filtered

Comment

when the booster comes out, will all players in the server have to have it ? IE if the server is boosted, will non boosted players be able to play in it ? or am i forcing my squad to spend the extra $$ ? or not boosting ?
        If you don't buy it and a booster map comes into rotation then you'll be punted. I haven't heard of anything being added to the server browser to allow you to see what maps a server has in rotation. Hopefully people running servers will put something in the server name to tell you if the server has EF maps in their rotation.

Comment

ithink they shouldnt add ef to bf2 servers have there own servers!
          they did enough with SF they dont need to do this with ef it doesnt make sense why add them in when alot of people arent going to buy it! i mean think about it! hell if they are and people want to weapons get someone who has it to pla a round with ur name or something to get them! i dont want them.... i barely use the Sf weps and i nvr play sf anyway! i like bf2 the way it is the 2 new unlocks is fine dont add more!

Comment

I spose it wouldn't be allowed but it would be nice if people could download the maps only and add them to their BF2 maps that way they atleast wouldn't get booted.

Damn decisions, decisions as whether we add these maps to the normal BF2 map rotation.

Its definitely not worth buying another server just for 3 maps. Anyone who thinks it is well you can donate/sponsor us and we will do it, though we aren't going to pay for yet another server just for 3 new maps. Some people who play BF2 for free must think money grows on trees for people like us to pay to play so you can play for free.

Comment

It *should* be possible to filter out the servers running the booster pack and I believe that it needs to be added as to not **** off those that don't want to buy the new content.

In saying that there are a lot of people that believe that EA won't add this to the browser and you'll end up buying the pack because you're so tired of getting kicked from servers when a new map comes up.

Comment

There'll probably be some kind of indicator, and if you join a server that is using the booster pack(s) and you don't have it/them you'll be kicked when one of those maps loads and a popup will appear to purchase them...?

Comment

Yes you'll be kicked. Hopefully a popup will tell you that you don't have the map and need to buy it as amazing as it may seem, some people don't read forums and don't know much about the new packs and how they'll work.

Comment

I'm going to wait for the reviews to come in before deciding to buy, I bought SF after reading a review by a person on here, no need to rush out and get this one either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerdog
                      I'm going to wait for the reviews to come in before deciding to buy, I bought SF after reading a review by a person on here, no need to rush out and get this one either.
                      I'm hoping GameSpy or IGN will do one of their previews and shows us what each maps looks like, in the same way they did for SF. Then I'll make my final decision.

Comment

Im gonna guess a server with EF will have a blue 2.

Im just curious how PB will cope when different players have different files, seem to suggest the opening of a loophole.

Comment

i think it will be same as with bf2 vanilla and special forces. Where only the maps you play make a difference. ie servers with sf have only sf maps , while "vanilla" ones have vanilla maps only. Im not sure , as i dont have a ranked server myself , but i think it isnt even possible to run vanilla and sf maps in same map cycle. (when you start game , you cant select both , either you start vanilla and have only vanilla maps , or you start sf and haveonly sf maps).

Comment

Originally posted by satanbzb
                            Im gonna guess a server with EF will have a blue 2.
                            Satanbzb just answered your question.

Comment

Working...
                            X