Are you sick of the UAV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you sick of the UAV?

I am totally sick of the UAV. There is no reason to have it and it certainly ruins the game play. Don't chime in with reasons that is is needed because I can tell you that the game would be much more fun, if it were removed. How do I know it would be more fun? The answer is simple. BF1942 doesn't have a UAV. BFV never had a UAV. They are just fine without it. When you played BFV or 1942 did you say to yourself. "I wish there was a UAV". I don't recall any BF1942 forum or BVF forum begging for a UAV mod did you? The game would be much more fun if you actually had to locate the enemy, rather than have them (or you) show up as a red dot.

Re: Are you sick of the UAV?

No, not really. It doesnt reveal the whole battlefield, but usually does reveal units in the main battle, helping your units fight. Kinda wish, though, that scans wouln't pick up snipers and spec ops, though.

Comment

I think it's good.

Scanning is the evil one!

Comment

Youll get your way man ! in the new patch you can shoot it down and get what you want - no UAV.

I like it, but, will also be fun to shoot down, I wonder if you can TK your own UAV ...

Comment

5 to 0.... says it all

personally no, im not sick of it. It helps me find my prey much easyer, alerts me when armor is near and helps my stratagey overall

that said i am excited to have the opportunity to shoot it down foiling the other teams plans, and having to inprovise when my UAV is shot down

Comment

UAV is a feature that improves upon previous versions IMO, it adds more depth and realism to the game. Also much more effective team play.

If EA didnt add things like that then what would seperate BF1942 from BF2? They got to mix it up and be origional. They just cant shove out the same game with a different name!

I like the UAV much, it lets me know where to concentrate on.

Comment

I am sure that they didnt have UAV capabilities in 1942 or in the vietnam war...
              So that pretty much explains why no one was wondering how it would be with it...

I personally have nothing against it, it adds strategy to real clans who participate in clan matches

Comment

I don't mind the UAV. It lets me know enemies are around.

What gets on my nerves a bit is that big red name above my head. Say I'm infantry (assault or medic, or support) and tyring to hide from some annoying tank. He looks around, doesn't see me, but see's my name poking above the sandbags I'm hiding behind. BOOM! I'm dead!

Comment

another example why teamwork and balance doesn't work in FPS game.

Before this is released, people loved the tactical potential artillery and UAV would bring, and now people are yelling to take them out.

Why? You have infomation, you own.

Additionally, guns are meant to compliment each other (AK47 + Type 88 vs. M16 semi + SAW), however people complain about gun's accuracy.

Imagine if Starcraft, one of the best balanced game that requires multi-units teamwork, is a FPS.

Marine: OMG ZEALOT HAXXOR! 4 times my health and 3 times my damage, NERF!

Zealot: OMG marine can use medic, HAXXXOR!

Terran: OMG dark templar is cloaked, freaking invisiblity haxx!

Dark templar: sat scan = unbalanced = no fun

all races: OMG carrier = planewhorez, tune down the number of interceptor from 8 to 2 PLZ!

Comment

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA

Before this is released, people loved the tactical potential artillery and UAV would bring, and now people are yelling to take them out.

Additionally, guns are meant to compliment each other (AK47 + Type 88 vs. M16 semi + SAW), however people complain about gun's accuracy.

Imagine if Starcraft, one of the best balanced game that requires multi-units teamwork, is a FPS.

all races: OMG carrier = planewhorez, tune down the number of interceptor from 8 to 2 PLZ!
                    LMFAO so true

Comment

Originally posted by Skarecro
                      I am totally sick of the UAV. There is no reason to have it and it certainly ruins the game play. Don't chime in with reasons that is is needed because I can tell you that the game would be much more fun, if it were removed. How do I know it would be more fun? The answer is simple. BF1942 doesn't have a UAV. BFV never had a UAV. They are just fine without it. When you played BFV or 1942 did you say to yourself. "I wish there was a UAV". I don't recall any BF1942 forum or BVF forum begging for a UAV mod did you? The game would be much more fun if you actually had to locate the enemy, rather than have them (or you) show up as a red dot.
                      That is the stupids statement I've in a long time. Consider it an improvement. It has saved me many of times. It also adds tactic, because you can blow it up. So just blow yours up, recieve your TK pts and have a nice day, but do not waste our time with such foolishness.

Comment

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

thats funny...
                        Immagin, you being a marin with 70 buddies of yours... against a battlecruiser

Comment

Originally posted by modifierLE
                          UAV is a feature that improves upon previous versions IMO, it adds more depth and realism to the game. Also much more effective team play.

If EA didnt add things like that then what would seperate BF1942 from BF2? They got to mix it up and be origional. They just cant shove out the same game with a different name!

I like the UAV much, it lets me know where to concentrate on.
                          I had to laugh at your "It adds realism and more depth to the game".
                          In reality, the UAV, in the way it is used in BF2 is very, very, very, unrealistic.

Comment

Bzzzzt, wrong.
                            Why? People get killed, they raise a hellish racket about the "offending" item.
                            First it was just the noobtube.
                            Then it was the noobtube and C4 chucking.
                            Then it was the noobtube and C4 chucking and base raping.
                            Then it was the noobtube and C4 chucking and base raping and camping.
                            Then it was the noobtube and C4 chucking and base raping and camping and tank whoring.
                            Then it was the noobtube and C4 chucking and base raping and camping and tank whoring and air vehicles.
                            Now it is the noobtube and C4 chucking and base raping and camping and tank whoring and air vehicles and the UAV.
                            What next?
                            Next it will be the noobtube and C4 chucking and base raping and camping and tank whoring and air vehicles and assault rifles and knives and pistols and grenades and claymores and shock paddles and mounted gun emplacements and artillery and high altitudes and supply crates and punish zones and other players, until finally DICE agrees to take battlefield 2 out of battlefield 2 to increase the "game balance" and "gameplay value" and all that's left is an empty application window that oddly resembles a plain white slate.
                            Oh wait, it exists already, it's called notepad.exe and included with every windows version since 95.

Comment

UAV is kinda boring, yes...

Comment

Working...
                              X