Fraps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraps?

When I try to record a video in BF2 using Fraps, it makes my game lag like hell. But I can use it in COD2 and it doesnt lag at all. Anyone care to help me out with this?

Thanks

Re: Fraps?

uhm no

Comment

BF2 = the resource hog, anything additional running = poop.

Comment

You could reduce some of the lag by reducing the size, switch the video to half-size under the movies tab, but there will still be some lag.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptKot
          uhm no
          wow thats awfull childish of you, he asks a legitamite question! If you got nothing to say dont say it you post whore!

Back on topic:
          BF2 is a memory glutton, and its gonna be hard to do any hardcore multi tasking with it running. I suggest, make sure you have 1GB and over of RAM, and a hard drive bigger than 120GB (page filling). That should help a bit.

Also make sure that you disable as much as you can in the Task manager by pressing Conrtol+Alt+Delete and then ending each process in the process menu. End every task you can, BUT DO NOT END "Exlplorer.exe" "SVC Host.exe" "system" and "system idle process". if things like sound card drivers go dead try one at a time and remember what process controls sound and just dont shut it off.

But yea, there isnt much more you can do, get a faster computer Dual Core maybe Hope all this helps

Comment

I can only seem to get about 30 seconds worth of recording video from fraps is there something I have to do?

Comment

Is fraps free, ive never used it. Maybe like most software you have to buy it to unlock all the features.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptKot
                uhm no
                Enjoy the best canned meat meals using easy recipes and a variety of delicious, high-quality SPAM® meat. See what SPAM® Brand can do!

Originally posted by Wtiberon
                I can only seem to get about 30 seconds worth of recording video from fraps is there something I have to do?
                You need to pay the 30 bucks to get the full version...it allows for a bit more...I did shell out the 30 bucks for it....was it worht it well I have been using it a bunch and it makes taking screen shots with the Hud off possible....

As for your machine...like everyone said get a gig or more perhapes you want to crank DOWN your gfx settings...I also suggest a decent vid card...and I have found if you are in a server with a real low ping you have a better chance of not lagging...Also set your record folder to another HDD is possible...

Don't forget FRAPS is recording in raw format...so 9 out of 10 times you are going to want to compress this to make it usuable I suggest you check out Virtual Dub for this....

I have some software that will help you close everything down on your machine...I cant recall the name I will check when I get home later tonight...But you can ctrl-alt-del and closee everything that is running under your username...

Comment

Fraps isnt free, you can download the trial and only record 30 seconds.

But I got the full version in a way which wont be named. :-) tehe.

Thanks for the help Modifier. It didnt help but idk, there has to be a easier way to make movies. In COD2 u can bring down the consol and type "/record" and it will do it like that with 100% no lag. I just wish I could record some bf2 moments, that'd be soo cool to relive some **** that I have done. But I've watched movies people made of BF2 and it didnt have lag, how'd they do it?

Comment

Working...
                  X