Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being critically wounded doesn't feel "critically wounded" enough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being critically wounded doesn't feel "critically wounded" enough.

I liked in Castle Wolfestien, when you were critically wounded you'd fall down, but still ryth (sp?) on the floor a bit, hold your chest, and desperatley look around. I know in BF2 doing this would limit the ragdoll physics, so I think it would be best to have something like this, except only seen from the wounded player's prespective (the same way, from the wounded soldier's prespective, you are always on your back). It would be cool to atleast be able to look around a bit (turn your head left and right). Maybe hear some heavy breathing too.

Re: Being critically wounded doesn't feel "critically wounded" enough.

It would be fun. when i kill someone i like to jump on his face. he can't do anything but watch. now i can really see his head moving trying to avoid me

Comment

Being able to look around while incapacitated would give you the ability to observe your surroundings and inform your squad or others via VOIP what the enemy is up to and that just doesn't seem right...

I don't mind it the way it is.

And it's 'writhe'

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
        Being able to look around while incapacitated would give you the ability to observe your surroundings and inform your squad or others via VOIP what the enemy is up to and that just doesn't seem right...

I don't mind it the way it is.

And it's 'writhe'

UAV allows you to see the enemy without actaully seeing them..thats not right either

Comment

I always wanted a "bleeding" health meter for when you take a direct hit and you would not be able to sprint, it would cause you to need medics and retreat a bit more....really it would be for a more realistic mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Shake
            I always wanted a "bleeding" health meter for when you take a direct hit and you would not be able to sprint, it would cause you to need medics and retreat a bit more....really it would be for a more realistic mod.
            I agree. The more wounded you are, the less sprinting ability you should have.

Comment

In fact with such "realistic" wounds we would end up with a BF2 mod that would compare to vanilla BF2 as UT "Infiltration" compared to UT "Tactical Ops".

I remember playing UT "Infiltration" : you could run and still try to fire, you could sprint (much faster and stamina consuming but you couldn't do anything or fire). If you jump from more than 2 meters high you would hear a bone jaring "Crunch!" and there after would only be able to walk for a while. The more you got hit, the more you bled.... It was pretty hard to play (and more so to aim because there was no middle of screen crosshair) but very satisfying for those who like it real (those of us who've done their time in the army either as a conscript for a year or as an enlisted for a longer time know what I mean)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Shake
                America's Army anyone?
                no thanks, I play this game because its NOT AA... In fact, I'll play any game thats NOT AA, hell if I had to choose between that sh!tty E.T. game and AA I would choose the E.T. game..
                So lets keep this game from even being close to AA.

Comment

Looks like someone is getting owned in America's Army. ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Samurai X
                    Looks like someone is getting owned in America's Army. ^^^
                    No, for the simple reason that I've hated the game for about a year now, I always try the new version hoping it'll be better, but no, I just hate the game with a passion. Has nothing to do with getting owned, hell I get owned at Day of Defeat: Source a lot, but its still one of my favorite games.. Actually, I'll be honest I did get owned a lot in AA too, but theres a list of things I hate about it, the community first of all, their only defense to AA is "OMIGASH BUTT IZ LIEK SEWW REELISTIK!!1" which is complete bullsh!t.. Okay so you can mod your gun and it gets jammed once in 100 rounds (which btw never switch maps).. wow that really makes me want to play it. The gameplay is amazingly boring, even when I am alive, if theres only one enemy left we waste 10 minutes of our lives looking for him because hes being a little assh0le hiding near the spawnpoint. Which is why I play Counter-Strike over AA. Its just overall a bad game but no fanboy would admit it because "ITS FREEE!!11" whoopty-doo I've played free 2d games made by one person that are better than AA..
                    I just dont want a GOOD game like BF2 to become a sh!tty game like AA.

Comment

Working...
                    X