Aviation: A Guide How To

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation: A Guide How To

Hey have you ever got sick of getting gunned down with no trouble by another plane? Frustrated how he gets the perfect missle while you spam 6 by the lock on? Well read on it might teach you something

Basic Aviation
    Here are tips on how to fly:

Familirise yourself with the basic of jets first. The are 3 types of jets to choose from are the fighter jets, bomber and the harrier.

First you got the fighters, swift and very fast. Easiest to control and manoeuvre. You got 6 missles and 2 bombs to play with in these.

Next are the bombers. Very deadly to ground units but very vulnerable to air,
    mainly because of their slow speed and slow turns. There are two seats in this. The pilot and co-pilot. More on bombers later. Have fun with 5 (6 if mistaken) bombs and 4 missles. The co-pilot is armed with laser-guided missles. No land opposition can stand to it's hell power. (Neither can friendly team mates)
    Last is the harrier. It's just a fighter jet that can hover basically, yet the hover potential has yet to be seen used.

Alright if you've flown in a public server you've prolly been hounded by a jet behind you. That can be a pain in the ass. In this section I'm gonna tell you about manoeuvring.

Turns: Easy, roll your plane 90 degrees to the left/right pull up. There you have it a basic turn.

Rolls: Rotate your plane simply, good for dodging tailing vulcan fire and showing off.

Inverted Loop: Ahh very simple but beginners start to lose control as they reach higher altitudes. Basically experience does it. Pull back 180 degrees. If you get lose check your altitude and speed metre. Slow down if it gets that down right serious.

Split-S: Couldn't think of a name for this. But this loop leads you the direction you were heading originally. First pull up 90 degrees then invert pull up or pitch down 90 degrees. This manoeuvre can fool tailing planes that you are doing the inverted loop.
    (Cheers to Hollowpoint for correction)

Loop The Loop: Basically 2 inverted loops in a row. Watch your altitude because with this manoeuvre it can reach up real high, scaring your foes off.

Yaw Left/Right: Basically you turn your rudders with a touch of a key, simple.

Tips On Manoeuvring
    On that bombing run, then suddenly *BEEP*. ACT!!!
    Don't worry about the kills, would you rather go through that crowd again for the jet? Hell no. Pull up, bank left and right anything. Shake it the jet off.

Hearing that sudden big beep? What is it? It is a stray heat seeking missle. Missles are easy to dodge. Tight turns can make the missle miss.

Really need the need for speed? Afterburn. Afterburn is a hell useful tool. Faster speeds and tighter turns and heaps of other uses. Beware don't waste it all.

Blowing Crap Up

Bet you've had enough of how to fly. Killing is where it is. I honestly agree. The weapons on the jet degree in difficulty. Experience is all but.

Vulcans: Jet vulcans, very powerful can rip a man in half in one shot and can devestate any vehicle into a black smoking heap of dump. Depending on the jet you have a supply of 600 or 300. Can be used in dog fights. Chances are quite rare to get a suprisingly good line up with this but if you do he won't last long in that other jet.

Killing infantry: Easy, point and shoot. Fly back and finish more. Nothing to how it's really done.

Killing Vehicles: All right switch to bomb mode (always stay in bomb mode) and look for that little box. Spray it with your vulcans. Dies easily yielding you a few kills.

Armour: Gets hard here. These things can withstand your beastly vulcans for a while, but concentrated and accurate shots will simply send that apc/tank whore back to where he got it. Best thing I can say is weaken it with vulcans and bomb it. If that doesn't send the whore back, rearm and blow it up.

Bombing ****
    Yes, finally what people love to do. Mass kill infantry. Lovely fun I say.

Leveled Bombing
    Before we start have a look at this diagram

Before learning how to do it, read this advice.

BY MEANS NEVER EVER SLOW DOWN ON YOUR BOMBING RUN

Alright here you are going to do mathematical stuff. Basically judge where your bomb hits by the speed, altitude and the bomb hud crosshair. Experience does it all I say.

Key locations to bomb are newly capped bases and roughly infront of where your ground units are. Rely on that UAV that your command sends. Use vital spotted units and intel collected by your commander to bomb targets.

Dive Bombing

More experience pilots love this tatic, why? Your bombs will clutter less, therefore most likely more will hit the target. The speed you get from the altitude is sweet but remember to pull up. Don't wanna face the airfield again for the next spawning jet do you?

How? Basically if you've learned about leveled bombing, just follow this and you got it. Reach high altitudes, 200-1000. Swoop your nose where you are gonna bomb. Release the bombs at 50-200 altitude.

Bombing Tips

Going for that bombing run, a sudden missle warning. Don't whore kills.
    DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Practice, practice and practice.

Always stay in bomb mode, this is just a general tip.

Finally this is where it seperates new/good pilots to skilled pilots.

Missles, Heat Seeking Ones
    This is where to boys are, killing each other. Believe me if you're that good you might discourage that person enough not to fly again. First these seek any heat source, lock on or not.

Blackhawks
    Stay in bomb mode, always. This doesn't give the the slightest clue that they are gonna be a falling pile of black dump now. Alright give yourself some distance between yourself and it. Do not by means SLOW DOWN
    Start by firing accurately your vulcans at it. Here is crucial this data, not many people know it. Switch to your missle mode when literally below 50 metres from it and a impact. Fire a 2 missles and stay in missle mode until one hits. A guranteed one missle hit. If that doesn't end it, go for another run. These things are pie and should be a target for newer pilots.

Attack Chopper
    Slightly more difficult then the blackhawk because of it's faster speed. But armour is heaps weaker. Use the blackhawk strategy to earn you 2 kills.

Sure you may have ruled the skies, but facing others who do?

Bombers
    Alright follow my advice carefully. I want you to sneak onto it and follow it. On it's tail. Now this is the it, when you think he's going straight catch up to him, within up to 100 metres away. Switch to missle mode and fire away! Vulcans ablazing and missles (Prefably 1 to 3 missles)

He's taken the hit and scared ****less now (if not falling pile of plane heap) he is trying to shake you off like a crazy bastard. He wants to bomb people and yield kills. Not face you. Send him to whore another bombing. You earned it.

Fighters
    Alright here's the real deal. Basically you're gonna follow my bomber approach. But here's the difference. Only one missle hit the opposing jet because of it's fast speed. Consider yourself lucky if you get 2 missles to hit a target at once. Once you tailed him, he's flying pretty carefree. Switch to missle mode and fire vulcans and a volley of 1-3 missles. Oh I bet he wasn't expecting this. If he doesn't die you are in for the biggest chase of your life now. Immediate switch to bomb mode. If the opposing jet is smart and uses the rear view he'll keep shaking you off but likewise not. He'll prolly go in for repairs. Finish the job.

More and More Tips?
    Like I say heaps experience is everything. Fly heaps, by no means tk for a jet or running infront of another. If you don't get it, hop off the run way. It'll help your team and maybe the next person will give it to you. Monkey see monkey do? If you act sportsmen like, the other people will hop off the runway as well. 90/100 when I hop off the runway my whole team does it. What about 10/100. Oh you'll see them at some experience.

Flares is another factor, make your opponent drop them. Don't stop your missles from firing in most situations. Some missles might still seak the original heat source. Still can't missle that blackhawk/attack chopper? Outta missles? Go for a few more vulcan runs.

Try to vulcan pilot cockpits, as you will kill the pilot outright.

Use you afterburn.

Practice surviving at altitudes up to 3000, not on publics servers but.

Literally do anything to shake them off, you can't afford to die.

Spot your target, as it will help you to track them.

Afterburn makes smoke trails, use this to fool your tailer.

Control Setup
    People have been asking why a joystick? Why a mouse?
    Well to be honest I use a logitech Mx-510 using my side buttons as the pull up/down. I find this very effective and accurate with the mouse aiming.
    I would say get a mouse with 2 buttons to bind these keys. What's up with a joystick? Well it's better for dog fighting because of the sustained pulling but as a recommended a mouse with heaps of buttons can do that. I've never flown with keyboard as I find it hard to be accurate with the weapons.

Re: Aviation: A Guide How To

you write down what i'm doing for a half year now

Comment

Cool guide, I have a question though, it is, if I don't have a joystick, is it really worth attempting to be a pilot?

Comment

Originally posted by LeDgE

Familirise yourself with the basic of jets first. The are 3 types of jets to choose from are the fighter jets, bomber and the harrier.
        What?

Comment

Originally posted by scknight
          What?
          Omg someone just had too... he means the F-35 (verticle take off - Harrier like)

Comment

Originally posted by HaVoc.uK
            Cool guide, I have a question though, it is, if I don't have a joystick, is it really worth attempting to be a pilot?
            Yeah, I use WASD and 8456 on the numpab

Comment

Originally posted by LeDgE
              Inverted Loop 2:
              Split-S* (even though you start high and end low with a true split s)

Comment

Thanks for correction, I updated the guide. Stickeh???

Comment

I believe its much easier with a mouse, i have a joystick, the Saitek Cyborg Evo and i think using the joystick is harder, i can aim much better and control with the mouse, i use the settings that are set up regularly. An my mouse is simple, i dont have the two extra buttons, and i can fly pretty damn good and more stable then with the joystick and also shoot much MUCH better, just increase ur yaw and i believe pitch to 10 and increase ur sensativity to like 2.2 and ur set, this at least works for me, and nice job on the Guide LeDgE, it helped me out on a couple of things

Comment

Another tip, if you have a joystick like the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, use ALL the programmable buttons, there is ALWAYS use of them

My configuration:

Playing Oman?
                    If you are playing Gulf of Oman, the Mig is useless, the SU-34 has its major bombload AND it's a better dogfighter than the F-35, trust me, I've taken down tons of JSFs in the SU-34.

Ok, so a list of what planes you might get, best on top, worst on bottom:

J-10 (Fastest and most manouvreable)
                    Mig-29 (About as fast as J-10, but not as manouverable)
                    F-18 (Slightly worse than the Mig-29)
                    SU-30/34 (Both very good bombers, with great manouverbility)
                    F-35 JSF (Horrible manouverbility, but smooth handling, very fun to fly)
                    F-15 (It's just coded horrible, the F-15, even the F-15E Strike Eagle are high-manouverable (A-D: air superiority fighters) and should outspeed all the other planes in the game, but thats not it, it sucks in BF2)

Best Bomb
                    Ever feel ****ed when you see a tank on the ground, you bomb him, first bomb smashes right into him leaving him with 30% health left, but the other bomb just floats out somewhere, **** no more!

Take off, and just throw both bombs at some random target, then go back to airfield, and fly out of the runway when you are half way through it, causing you to pick up only one bomb, now drop that one, go back, pickup 2 bombs.

Now you are in single bomb mode! That tank that ****ed you off, you take one bomb on him, immediately loop up and smash the other one into him, leaving a burning pile of scrap-metal.

If you wish to go back in dual bomb mode (I tell you, it's not as good), just lose one of your bombs, so you have one left, then go back and fill that one bomb up again.

Comment

Yeah my sens on my mouse is 5 with my yaw and pitch 5. I love running over infantry in jets. Most of the time I do it ^_^

Comment

Working...
                      X