got a question for bf2 recorder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a question for bf2 recorder...

Anyone kno how to make the nametags etc go away while using bf2 recorder (watching the demo), i'm working on a feature length film and it would help loads to take those out... thanks

Re: got a question for bf2 recorder...

Does it all for you, saves doing console commands etc.

Anyway, if you dnt already know how to get rid of nametags you're not ready to do a feature length film. besides a feature length film will have an abysmal filesize so no one will download and with BF2 it will be impossible to hold peoples attention for 2 hours. Most long movies never really go over 15-20 minutes max.

And besides if you make a small movie and it's crap its only 3-5 minutes of crap but if yo make it feature length and it's crap it will be 2 hours of crap and you'll have wasted yours and every one elses time. Feature length movies are STRONGLY UN recommended.

Comment

i'm into making a feature length film, and i know how to do it, i'm absolutely positive that everyone will watch it and appreciate it, even if I have to make it in 2-4 parts or separate video files. My men are completely dedicated to making a better quality MOVIE, than 90% of the wannabe horse **** that's posted on this site. All I need to kno is if there's a console command for taking off nametags and kill text on the top right... PLEASE

Comment

NeoRicen's advice is perfectly sound and I agree that BattleLauncher is well-worth checking out and learning how to use ...

However, because you asked:

To eliminate the HUD, press the tild key (it's the '~' key positioned at the top, left-hand corner of your keyboard) during the game or during playback of a bf2demo and type:

renderer.drawHUD 0

Press Enter, then press the tild key again to close the console. This will eliminate the HUD. To restore the HUD, just do the same thing but replace the variable '0' with '1'.

Eliminating the nametags can be done a couple of ways but I recommend the method that involves a single-line addition to the GameLogicInit.con file. This is the default location for the file:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2

Of course, that'll vary depending upon where you've installed BF2.

All you do is open the file with Notepad, scroll to where it reads:

gameLogic.enableVoHelp 1
        gameLogic.supplyDropHeight 50
        gameLogic.supplyDropNumSecsToLive 300

... and add this line:

renderer.drawNametags 0

Best not to play on-line with that change, though, because it might get you into trouble with Punkbuster. Only implement the change when it comes time to utilise the relevant bf2demo files, and restore the file to its original state when you're done.

There are other ways to expedite the process but I'll leave them up to you.

Comment

thanks a ton, weird you cant just type that in the console for nametags didn't think it was that technical, when i go to use the demo's ill back up the orig files and change that so there wont be nametags flying around with soldiers. I will also look into the external program there you showed me. Thanks man

Comment

The new BattleLauncher gets rid of the HUD as well. If you are really dedicated to making a good movie then DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use Fraps. Use Battlelauncher in its entirety (some people just use it to launch the Demo viewer) and RENDER your videos, rendering automatically gets rid of Nametags and HUD without having to even touch the console button abd gives you amazing quality, Im actually only a few hours away from releasing a movie that will show how good BattleLauncher video quality is.

Do you have any movies you or 'your men' have done already or will this be your first?

Comment

ya i have an action video that's meant to be recruitment based...
              http://files.filefront.com/bf2squadt.../fileinfo.html

check it out...

Comment

Originally posted by -{BH}-Mezmerizer
                thanks a ton, weird you cant just type that in the console for nametags didn't think it was that technical
                I find it weird as well, but at least we can remove the nametags now. For the longest time we didn't know how to do it :hmm:

Comment

ya it will definantly help with creating this movie.

Comment

Well good luck to you

Comment

Working...
                    X