Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Min. Hardware Requirement to run all the BF2 settings On high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Min. Hardware Requirement to run all the BF2 settings On high?

So what is the requirement???? Including the AA..

Re: Min. Hardware Requirement to run all the BF2 settings On high?

2.8Ghz P4 or above (or Athlon 3200+ or above)
    2GB RAM
    6800GS or above (X800 series)
    Audigy2 ZS or X-fi sound card

Comment

you dont NEED the soundcard to run at high.

Comment

Now, um, are we talking about being able to just run it w/o cratering... or are we talking about comfortably running it at solid 60 fps w/o slowdowns on any particle effects?

Because, its been me and my friends experience that to stay solid at high regardless of particles that you need at least

AMD Dual core 3800+
        Nvidia 7800GTX (OC)
        2 GB of low latency high frequency ram (OCZ mostly)

2 of my guys have that setup you described shoot2kill. And they DO get 60fps on high…. BUT arty strikes drop them down big time.

And we tested single core vs. dual core and even though BF2 is not multi threaded it still reduced the caching down to a unapparent level.

As far as GPU’s… well that a given you need the most powerful you can get... .then OC it. Because max AA, AF, on 1600x 1200, max view... etc etc... Can only be handled comfortably buy the next gen cards with larger pipelines to process all that garbage.

Comment

i run an athlon 64 3700+ (san diego, not dual core), 7800 GT (not gtx) with 2 gigs on good ram (ocz pc3200 @ 2-3-2-5) and honestly, i think the probs most ppl have are ram related, but i run everything maxed, 4xaa at playable framerates (never really looked, but ive never noticed lag, not even right after loading) the whole rig is about $1600 (if u include the monitor) so its really no tthat out of the park to get everything on high, just make sure you got good parts (will post system specs in sig when im done here)

Comment

Working...
          X