Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running BF2 with top of the line computer, but it wont load. PLEASE HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running BF2 with top of the line computer, but it wont load. PLEASE HELP!

I recently purchased a dell m170 laptop, about 2 weeks ago.

Processor- Intel(R) PEnitum(R) m processor 2.25ghz
    2048mb ram
    graphics card- nvidia 7800 gtx

I really dont know what specs to put, if thers an important one im missing tell me. K, now to the problem. I have installed BF2 and installed patches, when i start it up, i get the BF2 screen with the EA logo (the splash screen i think its called) and the game never loads. it is just stuck on that little box and it doesnt take up any CPU in Task manager. I Have been meaning to call the support line, but ive been getting in late and they close at 8. I have tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, putting patches 1.03 THEN 1.12 and still the same problem. If anyone can help me PLEASE do. This was one of the main reasons i bought my new computer. Thanks

Re: Running BF2 with top of the line computer, but it wont load. PLEASE HELP!

Do you have a firewall running?

Comment

Ive disabled my mcafee and that didnt work. but i do have a hardware firewall router. would that make a difference, cause the game never even makes it to full screen.

Comment

The game has to connect to the account server regardless of single player or multiplayer. Here is a list of ports that are used. Hope it helps.
        UDP 27900
        UDP/TCP 29900
        TCP 80
        TCP 4711
        TCP 29901
        UDP 1500-4999
        UDP/TCP 1024-1124
        UDP 28910
        UDP 16567
        UDP 55123-55125

Comment

Would that effect the game itself, its like (guessing) its not reading anything from the disc, the game never even loads. I dont know how to do that, when my dad gets home tonight ill try it though.

Comment

Working...
          X