Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got their Aerial Service Ribbon as "co-pilot" in bomber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone got their Aerial Service Ribbon as "co-pilot" in bomber?

i was at 15 kills in it today, but the round ended 2-3 runs too soon (had em pinned on the carrier on oman)

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can get the aerial service ribbon in a chopper I had a gunner that did it.

Comment

i got chopper service as gunner on copter , if it was possible i would have got the aerial aswell .. and i didnt.

remember noth req same : 15 minutes in plane (chopper) and 19 kills IAR.

so if it was possible to get both in chopper , you would get them at same time , now wouldnt ya

add : same in SF , just the IAR kills is 22 instead of 19. and there are no planes .

but then again they also have medals requiring 4500 hours played as faction , which is almost impossible to achive lol.

Comment

I got mine this way too, spawned on my squad leader and I appeared in the second seat of the F15 on Operation Clean sweep.
          We were in the air for the whole round and once he realised I was in the aircraft with him I was presented with many targetting opportunities for kills with the laser guided bumbs.
          I got my basic antitank combat badge in this round too. : /

Comment

Well those of you that posted about "flying for the gunner" please expect to be bothered by me to haul me around . I'll find you one of these days .

Comment

I got mine with two really great teamwork Pilots: MojoMolliie and Joe the Jew

They really work with you like a team. Mojo even joined my team so we could spwn together. A good Map to get this to is Oman as the Armour is out in the open to missle speeding from flag to flag and lots of AA targets too.

Cheers.

Comment

i got my aerial service badge while being a bomber. if this is the way you are going to do it, im going to have to say that you are going to have to get lucky and find a good pilot. sadely enough people are too worried about getting kills for themselves they kinda forget things like lining that shot up for their gunner or bomber, whether it be helicopter or airplane, or hey im in an apc and there are a load of guys at this base that is hella far away from the other bases, ill just take off and leave em there....

anyways im done with my little rant, but the best way to do it is find a good pilot who knows what he is doing.

Comment

I got my arial service ribbon as the co-pilot by using the lazer guided bombs or w/e they are called.

Comment

Two of my friends have gotten theirs while co-piloting for me in the bomber, so yes, it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Hudson
                      Armando Marini from DICE claims you can get the ribbon in a chopper, so until he comes out with a retraction, maybe you should just ignore CaptJordus.

Source: http://www.totalbf2.com/articles/article/4/1 (last question on that page)
                      First off, he's talking about the SF ribbons in that interview, second you can look in the games Python files a see it has to be in a airplane. Helicopter and Aviator have two different vehicle identifiers. And yes, you can get it being the copilot, that's how I got mine.

Comment

DRINKS ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOT MY RIBBON!!!!!!!!!!!

After wasting better half of the day trying to find a good bomber pilot I was nowhere near getting the ribbon. Most of them only fly to get the kills themselves. I especially love the one that jump into a bomber and take off solo even if you are 10m away running and yelling I need a ride. Finally I decide to try to get it on my own. Took me few tries but I got it on Wake flying a F-35. OMG I'm happy as a clown. I think I finished with 21 kills and 3 deaths. Here's my proof .

Comment

congrats, i dont think ill ever get this one i am the worlds worst pilot

Comment

Oh come on OBCD, if I can do it anyone can. Try it and you'll see it's not that hard.

Comment

Working...
                            X