Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

i recently switched computers so i had to reinstall bf2. I installed it and the install went flawlessly. However when i tried to run the program the screen went dark like it was running for about 4 seconds then it came back to the desktop with no waiting meter.
    Any suggestion on what may be causing this problem?

Thanx
    Kaos

Re: Question

Yeah i've had the same problems, sadly I have no answers.

Comment

did u eventually fix it??

Comment

Hm... do you have enough ram? Updated Video Card Driver?

Oh ya! Now that I think about it I had the same problem when i reinstalled bf2!!

Ok this is what it did..

1. Uninstalled Everything
        2. Installed Plain BF2
        3. Installed 1.03 Patch
        4. Installed 1.2 (or is it 1.12 or something, the latest..)Patch

But.. I think you can directly install 1.2(1.12?), but thats just the way I did it.

Also make sure your patches are not corrupt or anything. When I first upgraded to 1.2, my BF2 had the same problem. Then when i redownloaded and completely fresh installed everything was fine.

Comment

well sadely enough i have had the same problem, however i did finally find a solution. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game a few times, and it finally worked. EA told me to try and delete some registry entries to ensure that it was all properly deleted, ill try and pull up that email later, but regardless, try what i mentioned above.

Comment

thanx a lot, i have a fair video card and 768 ram so i should be alright in that department. ill try ur idea.

Comment

yea, sounds like the video card. had that problem with my friends computer, so we put a new card in (on on the list that is verified to work with bf2, which you can find in the readme) and it worked

Comment

Working...
              X