Not another Patching Failed Topic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not another Patching Failed Topic!

But it is. I've tried every solution on this forum, search and dug around, but found nothing that worked for me. Tried this:

Checked that my memory is without errors, made triple sure that my drivers are all up to date, reinstalled it in safe mode three times, countless times in normal mode, did every possible thing I could imagine and all the possible solutions I could find here. Nothing works.

The game works in the original retail version, works fine, but after applying the patch, and getting the patching failed message, I start the game and it goes black, flickers for a second and then jumps back to desktop.

My specs are in the attachment.

Re: Not another Patching Failed Topic!

try removing all but one stick of your ram...

see what happens..

Comment

Originally posted by Snypynfool
      try removing all but one stick of your ram...

see what happens..
      What would that have to do with anything? It worked fine on the retail version...but only crashes when patches are installed.

Comment

worked for me, but I may have had a bad stick of ram...

Comment

I heard that there might be a fix for this in patch 1.2, any truth in there? I just hope they won't decide that you'll need 1.12 for 1.2.....

Comment

You won't need 1.12 to install 1.2

There is no fix planned for this as there is nothing wrong with the patch itself considering that thousands of people have no problems with it and it all depends on the system it's being installed on. But I agree that DiCE could spend more time working on their actual patching methods (modified contect error/3Gb error)

Comment

[TheRealOne], can you post the contents of your patcherr.log file here please?

Have you ever used a ***** crack?

Comment

Well this solved the problem, I created a new account, something that I was sure that is a valid name and such, installed BF2 there, rebooted, installed the patch, without errors! Works great now.

Comment

Hi i also have the same problem i have tried all fixes reinstalled alot of times re downloaded the patches from many difrent sources and have even formated a few times. and still it will not patch.

I dont realy understand [TheRealOne]'s solution can anyone please explain this a little better. for example. created a new account, something that I was sure that is a valid name and such. made a new account in what? bf2? or windows?

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                    You won't need 1.12 to install 1.2
                    Yes you DO NEED 1.12, for 1.2. Except, if you have installed the 1.2 patch on the 385 mb.

Comment

Working...
                    X