Getting knife badge will make you a better player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting knife badge will make you a better player

Getting my knife badge forced me to keep a close eye on my radar. Specifically, I was forced to keep a close eye on enemy movement and the direction that they were facing. You have to employ flanking tactics, sneaking up behind, etc... in order to be successful. Since then, I have been watching my radar much more closely. Instead of running headlong into an enemy who is facing me, I "make believe" I have my knife out, have a bit of patience and run around the building. Its a simple concept but I see very few people doing it effectively. My k/d ratio is better and I get more kills per round since I started paying close attention to the radar. And of course, nothing is more gratifying than wiping out an entire squad from the back with the DOA.

Re: Getting knife badge will make you a better player

I have played as spec ops for the same reason to get the knife and explosives ordinance, but a little time after that the sneaking thing ends. Then you begin to run headless again...

Comment

.. hmmm ... and you cant do that without a knife ?

Comment

I've always kept a close eye on my mini-map, surroundings, and especially UAV information when it's available. I don't need to earn the knife badge to do that; the incentive of doing better and my team winning is enough to convince me not to act like a 'tard. I'm always embarrased for my team when they don't even realize the main base right behind them is getting capped. Learn the automatic radio messages for "we've lost control of an outpost" in Arabic (easy to remember the MEC one because he yells really loudly) and Chinese and you'll be a much better asset to your team.

Comment

Originally posted by flash55
          .. hmmm ... and you cant do that without a knife ?
          Reading Comprehension FTW. Using the knife "forces" you to be sneaky, a tactice I had not really used until after I had gotten my knife badge. Of course you can do it w/o the knife and that is the whole point. Simply put, using your knife will make you better at it and in my case make you more aware of the radar.

Comment

There is an option under audio that makes all of the radio announcements in English.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyAnkles
              There is an option under audio that makes all of the radio announcements in English.
              I don't change that because if I'm MEC or Chinese I know when an enemy is in my vicinity...

Comment

sweet rusty... its all ways nice to make a attempt at quality play... and even better to see results. i agree the mini map is under used by many. but it really is on of the most valuble things that we have in BF. the K/D is hard to bring up after you have killed thousands of people. every little bit counts. happy sneaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion126
                  I don't change that because if I'm MEC or Chinese I know when an enemy is in my vicinity...
                  I was not aware of this. I will have to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion126
                    Ya now I understand everything. But if I hear someone yelling "Grenade!" I can't tell whether he is on my team or not. Then again with the red tag bug and all the tk'ng in this game I don't think matters.

Comment

Working...
                    X