is there anyway to stop artifacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there anyway to stop artifacts?

is there anyway to stop artifacts besides downclocking your video card?

Re: is there anyway to stop artifacts?

Huh? Get a better video card(S)
    I just upgraded to SLI XFX 6800GS OC and I have ZERO artifacts now, where as before they were everywhere.

Comment

so is there anyway stop them cuz i dont feel like buying another 7800gt.

Comment

reduce your overclocking. or lower your graphics settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Eden
          reduce your overclocking. or lower your graphics settings.
          lower the graphic setting in game, i didnt put them any higher than before i over clocked.

so is there any thing i can do to stop these stupid artifacts from popping on my screen besides reducing the clock speed or lowering the graphic settings (which have no effect)?

Comment

What exactly are your setting in the video menu?
            Turn A/A down.

Comment

Try a different driver.

Comment

make sure the heatsink is working properly, dont mess with it if it is. Downclock (if you are OCing). I have SLi and I OCed some and though I dont get artifacts, my temps raised by 20C on a load, and heat can cause artifacts. Also get better cards if those fail ^_^

Comment

in game, i have everything medium excpet for dynamic shadows, texture filtering, and effect, which are on high. and my AA is set at 2x. i have stock cooling and i am using the 82.65 Xtreme-G drivers.

Comment

After market cooling

Comment

down clock artifacts are the cards way of telling you not to anal rape it....and remember no means no.

Comment

Are you using a case with good cooling? Make sure it's nice and cool in there. Modifying your card as WifeBeater suggested is one way to get it cooler.
                        Just think of the added cooling as some KY before you 'anal rape' your card like Shoot2Kill said. :P

Comment

Many times when you OC the core to high its prone to get artifacts. So if you drop your core clock just a bit you may see less or no artifacts.

Really, just short of putting liquid cooling in. There’s no way to prevent them from happening because artifacts are a direct result of OCing to much and cooling to little.

BUT, there is a final way. You can get a benchmark utility like 3dMark 05 and have it loop numerous times. This does what’s called 'breaking in" or “burning in” the core.

It basically settles the thermal compound on the core and ram sinks and does in fact help get rid of artifacts. Just like a pair of worn shoes feel better. Believe it or not it’s proven that cards OC better when they have been gradually stepped up in OC frequencies over time and been run on marathon benchmarks.

The same holds true for CPU's by the way. So break in your CPU with stuff like prime 95 whenever you buy a new CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by mn9500
                            in game, i have everything medium excpet for dynamic shadows, texture filtering, and effect, which are on high. and my AA is set at 2x. i have stock cooling and i am using the 82.65 Xtreme-G drivers.
                            Why are you running such low settings with a 7800GT??

Comment

if he is running medium and still get artifacts from a 7800gt, maybe his card is a faulty one... 7800gt should run at least a high...

daedalus, ill try that next year with my comp im planning to get

Comment

Working...
                              X