scratched cd "help"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scratched cd "help"

So I tripped over my wires and knocked my tower over, put a full circle scratch on the bf2 cd. I have tried two different brands of scratch remover, nope. Do you think it could be fixed any way other than giving EA any more money?

Also I have been on EA's site and for the life of me cannot find anywhere that says anything about scratched or damaged cd replacement.

Any, I mean any help is appreciated,

Very addicted to bf2

Re: scratched cd "help"

Well if you dnont plan to uninstall BF2 anytime soon then search the forums for "daemon"

Comment

Think it is in the back of the book (CD replacement), but you are looking at about 10 dollars.

Comment

how bad is the scratch? ihave heard that toothpaste is a good cleaner, but if u can, try making an ISO oout of ur cds. i believe u can make them using Alcohol 120%and then uninstally alchohol and install daemon and play off of ur isos

Comment

Vorige afbeelding. Volgende afbeelding Previous slide Next slide Previous slide Next slide D-SKIN SHOP NOW D-SKIN BABY SHOP NOW D-SKIN

Get these, they work great and save you a lot of $$!

Comment

And THIS is why I use mini-images and virtual drives...all of my originals are safely tucked away in their boxes only to be used for re-installations...and maybe for building a little fort.

Sorry about your luck

Comment

Whew!!!!! I somehow managed to get it to install. I did some searching and found that "Brasso" out performes all of the repair products. I took an eraser(not red, white has more abrasive), and worked on any heavy scratches. Then I started scrubbing with the Brasso, and I did scrub for quite awhile to get it nice and polished. I kept working on it till it looked almost new. Then finished it off with pledge.

It struggled installing where it had previously stopped, but now I have it and a happy camper I am, now to get Daemon tools!

Thanks guys, see ya on the battlefield!

Comment

Nice work! If you have the URL for this website, please post it. Sounds like a good find.

Comment

Sure thing Talus! Here is the URL of the site that tested out all methods of scratch repair: http://www.burningissues.net/how_to/...atchrepair.htm

I believe in Brasso! (nice slogan eh?)

And a can of it costs way less than the other stuff and will probably last for years of fixing scratches. Works on all types of disks, I resurected my favorite Pink Floyd cd and WOOT!

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Comment

My only advice is to Rip it and Convert it to an ISO...If you have a DVD burner you can then make a brand new copy... It depends on how bad it is first.
                    I use UltraISO or you can use MagicISO ... They are both identical, lol

Comment

Working...
                    X