Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf:v

Not sure if this is the right place to post this :-S

I recently re-installed BF Vietnam and to my horror my pc has stopped running it, it doesn't even get to the splash screen. It runs in the processes but that's it. I recently did a fresh windows install (and installed a SATA HDD), prior to which it ran perfectly. I'm baffled and so is my friend the pc "GURU" or "tech-support" as we call him.

My specs are: 3.00GHz P4 running @ 3.30GHz
    1Gb RAM
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
    300Gb SATA HDD

Anyone got any ideas?
    Could it be the SATA???

Please help as I'm fecking gutted I can't play Hastings and Stalingrad:cry:

You've got it all patched right?

Comment

Re: Bf:v

I had similar problems before, it was to do with the direct X I think.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoSnowMan
        You've got it all patched right?
        lol. Yeah I've patched it. Thanks though! Any more ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Jammydodger
          I had similar problems before, it was to do with the direct X I think.
          Hmmmmm. I have the latest version installed, did you manage to get round it?

Comment

Try running dxdiag.exe from the command prompt, it'll test directX and give all relevant version information.

If it reports no problems, maybe its the movies that crash the system (didnt see or overlooked your specification of 'wont run'). If you installed anything video related (DVD programs etc), a codec might be in the directshow chain that BF2 doesnt like.

Comment

Originally posted by Fotograafdigi
              Try running dxdiag.exe from the command prompt, it'll test directX and give all relevant version information.

If it reports no problems, maybe its the movies that crash the system (didnt see or overlooked your specification of 'wont run'). If you installed anything video related (DVD programs etc), a codec might be in the directshow chain that BF2 doesnt like.
              I had done all that, but I did it again anyway, no problems at that end. By "wont run" I mean just that, I click the BF:V icon and nothing, not even the first splash screen. My pc doesn't lock up It just slows down a bit because BF:V is running in the processes.
              The only DVD program I have is Power DVD.
              I can run Quake IV, Need For Speed Most Wanted, Doom 3, BF:2 and Special Forces with no problems at all.

*EDIT: I've just tried to run CS:S and that does exactly the same as BF:V.
              Has anyone got any ideas about what they have in common?

Comment

Working...
              X