Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karkand, long time no see, saw it again and....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karkand, long time no see, saw it again and....

After buying SF , I actualy only played SF , and have lots of fun in it offcourse , but I wanted to get that golden heal badge and thought karkand was the place so I went to karkand and played a whole bunch of rounds there .

BUT MAN !! was I forgotten how it went out there in the streets, the only thing you see are grenades flying by, noob tube nades going the other side, C4 pack trowers and tank whores , this nice piece of this "I can't aim pie" then gets iced by some arty and voila , realy the map is ruined by nade whores (GL and normal nades) , C4 and tank whores , and the open air wich gives arty a nice go .

The only fun is when the first two flags are taken , then it starts to be fun again, with the upper and down floor and stuff, more normal shooting going on, you can avoid tanks and crap, ....

Thx for listening to my complain about this lovely map with not so lovely people in it, feel free to express your feelings

Re: Karkand, long time no see, saw it again and....

I cant wait till there are no noob tubers. That map will totally own once again.

Comment

I agree. But it is fun as long as you can go around where you actually get hit by small arms caliber bullets.
      ...I had the unfortunate experience of being constantly killed by either a grenade, GL, Tank, APC, and arty soon after I'd spawn. Never once did a bullet from an M16 or anything even hit me.

Comment

The noob toobers dont really bother me as i can usually take them down before they kill me, the c4 chuckers really make me mad but the 24/7 karkland server i play at doesnt have too many of those and as for tanks...not a problem because of all the allyways and cover you can usually escape and karkland is my all time favorite place to hunt a tank

i still love this map

Comment

ill be using my GL from 200m away as always on karkand

Comment

I must say that besides the SF maps Karkand is probably my favorite map, and the tank whores and spawn killers really ruin the experience. Tanks need to be able to be taken down a lot more easily, to stop the feeling of "Hey I'm a solider walking on foot and I'm completely useless!" when it comes down to it.

Comment

Karkand is alot of fun if you just remember one word

Flank

Don't go running up the middle like the rest of the mindless lemmings. Go down one of the sides and do some by gosh actual military tactics. I have alot of fun in karkand and I never set foot near the first flag. The only time I go near it is if we already own it and someone is backhacking us.

Comment

Originally posted by C11.Nemisis
                ill be using my GL from 200m away as always on karkand

maube you forget the patch will also bring down the splash damage, meaing if you are a bit of, you will wound the player instead of killing him, meaning you are stuck in reloading and he kills you :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Meh, only hand grenades and vehicles are annoying on this map. Everyone will start throwing grenades like crazy at the beginning of the round.

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                    After buying SF , I actualy only played SF , and have lots of fun in it offcourse , but I wanted to get that golden heal badge and thought karkand was the place so I went to karkand and played a whole bunch of rounds there .

BUT MAN !! was I forgotten how it went out there in the streets, the only thing you see are grenades flying by, noob tube nades going the other side, C4 pack trowers and tank whores , this nice piece of this "I can't aim pie" then gets iced by some arty and voila , realy the map is ruined by nade whores (GL and normal nades) , C4 and tank whores , and the open air wich gives arty a nice go .

The only fun is when the first two flags are taken , then it starts to be fun again, with the upper and down floor and stuff, more normal shooting going on, you can avoid tanks and crap, ....

Thx for listening to my complain about this lovely map with not so lovely people in it, feel free to express your feelings
                    I too long believed Karkand was ruined for good.

Then I found out that it can be lots of fun to have a well-coordinated squad of two medics that avoid the action and just go capture afar from the main action.
                    You actually get some pretty decent firefights, especially when there's persistent defenders, and the occasional lonely SRAW bunnyhopper or tuber can be finished off easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Lemon
                      I must say that besides the SF maps Karkand is probably my favorite map, and the tank whores and spawn killers really ruin the experience. Tanks need to be able to be taken down a lot more easily, to stop the feeling of "Hey I'm a solider walking on foot and I'm completely useless!" when it comes down to it.
                      When it comes down to it, and don't get me wrong I am guilty of the same mentality on this, is not to many people will spawn anti-tank on this map since after that tank is taken out they will now feel like a useless AT on a infantry strong map. Thus increasing the armors life and effectiveness greatly.

Unless it's me in the tank of course, then I get a big helping of C-4 in moments .

Comment

What we really need is longer lasting smoke grenades and thicker smoke. This will cut down on APC and Tank Ho's. Can't hit what you don't see 90% of the time.

Comment

u all do realize that there is more than one flag on karkand, its amuses me when i see 61 people all fighting for the first flag, and u wonder why u keep getting killed by arty...

Comment

Any map can be fun with teamwork, period

Even if you are getting slaughtered... having teamwork and taking on the challenge as a team makes it fun. Cordinated attack will always be fun, even if it fails.

unfortunately that dosnt happen often, most people just run face on to the hot spot solo, gets killed, spawn, repeat, no cordination

I remember I played karkand as commander once, and with every flag but the main base taken, we actually won the battle because, as a team, we prevented a single enemy from getting across the river. There were teamwork on both sides, noob tubers exist, as well as tanks, but it was still fun because there was team work.

Comment

Yes karkand is nothing but noobtoob blasting. I can deal with everyone thing else, but the noobtoob is what gets me.

Comment

Working...
                              X